+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Leeds United - v - Birmingham City ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Jeez our goal led a charmed life at times, against a team with better attacking players we'd have probably been in a bit more trouble, and Brum got behind us worryingly regularly, and also won high balls knocked forward a bit too easily for my liking. I do think we are still very much a work in progress, and will actually get a better as this season progresses, which is of course a very good thing given where we are now !

(and is it heresy on here to say that I'm really still not convinced by Wiedwald)
    I think the team will improve over the course of the season.

No, It's not heresy to say that. I think quite a few have doubts about him. But with each clean sheet, confidence will build within the back 5.

Might be that because of last season he lacked quite a bit of confidence with the amount that went passed him but it is a team game.

A lot are saying he really hasn't been tested but that in my eyes is a positive to our defence plus I quite like his distribution.

Definitely agree re. his distribution, which given the style of play and the performances of the last four games is probably as important (if not moreso) than how good he is at keeping goal ! And he's by and large done everything he's needed to, and not dropped any costly clangers, so no problem ! And lets be honest, Rob Green hardly started last season in commanding form........

Cheers for the highlights pilgrim..our goal lived a charmed life at times but to be fair brum are in a false position and it wouldn't surprise me if they are in the mix at the end of the season as they have got some quality players,a cracking result for us all things considered.

Some real testing games to come in this month and October..bring it on!

Right on Rev sounds like song!

We are at present a scalp for sure, can work both ways though, this guy gets the right attitude into our squad, which I think he is doing we will be hard to break down. Early doors for sure and as we all know this is a honest league. So far so good, getting the results and doing it in style, all round our club looks like the real deal at long, long last! As you say we have some battles to sort out, bring em on...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)