+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You mean them who said Frecks and Potter had a crap game last week? Did they not?
    Any way who cares that games gone, they had a better game today
    No, I mean those that said they were past it.
    If you look back there were a few who said that. They were both off the pace last week but why write them off because of one poor performance.
    They both held the midfield together today but I don't suppose some people will realise that.

Solid performance defensively, thats the most organized we have looked for a long time at the back and i thought Wood a player who have slated many times did very well and no doubt will have got himself back in the team now.

I also thought Purrington and Cummings looked better than the other 2 full backs we have and should keep their place.

Attacking wise we looked good in the wide areas with Taylor and Williams linking up well with Moore at times but i would have liked to have seen Frecklington and Vaulks making more forward runs as well to give Moore that little more support as he looked isolated at times.

Overall a very good win and a long over due win away from home as well. We have 2 very winnable home games now and a good chance to get around playoffs to auto spots.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No, I mean those that said they were past it.
    If you look back there were a few who said that. They were both off the pace last week but why write them off because of one poor performance.
    They both held the midfield together today but I don't suppose some people will realise that.
    If it was left to some of our fans then we wouldn't even have a squad
    It will be quiet now though because we won

Decent game I thought and Taylor took his goal exceptionally well from a sublime pass from ex tyke Ryan Williams .

Defended well when under the cosh and were well worth the win in my view .

Defiantly a work in progress but none the less I think under Warne the ship can be steadied and progress will come .

Warne said before that Ajayi would go for £10 million. What would Iekwe go for then? Immense again today and won every header. He will be a key man this season. Taylor lacks ball control but makes up with his heart and eye for goal. Forde and Newell came and did their best to give our lead away by faffing about with the ball leaving us open to counter attacks. Overall good win though and will now hopefully give us more confidence on the road. Up the Millers!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Decent game I thought and Taylor took his goal exceptionally well from a sublime pass from ex tyke Ryan Williams .

Defiantly a work in progress but none the less I think under Warne the ship can be steadied and progress will come .
    I like Williams , why did you get rid of him?

Agreed.

Was a real good move bringing the experience in at the back and I like the look of Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I like Williams , why did you get rid of him?
    Had some problems with a stress related illness during his time with us which caused him to be out of the picture well over 12 months .

By the time he'd recovered the team had pushed on to the championship and he kind of got left behind .

Needed a fresh start and I'm pleased to see him playing well and settling down .

Cummings outstanding. Taylor next best. Rest Williams apart from pass for our goal what did he do? Purrington hope it was only lack of match fitness.

Had some problems with a stress related illness during his time with us which caused him to be out of the picture well over 12 months .

By the time he'd recovered the team had pushed on to the championship and he kind of got left behind .

Needed a fresh start and I'm pleased to see him playing well and settling down .
    It's took him a few games to settle here but he seems to be improving, just hope it was nothing (injury) when he had to come off
    He seems to get in the right place and can put some good balls through

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast