+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F.A.O wba53

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Classic.

Coming from someone who listens to an average flute player.

Keep em coming,
    Yep very average as you say.60mill albums world wide .and starting a 50year tour.piss poor aye thay.

And Mariah Carey has sold 200 million in about half that time.

So what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    And Mariah Carey has sold 200 million in about half that time.

So what is your point?
    . My point is you are obnoxious Cnut.

Peter Green would come in my top five guitarists. If you limit it to British guitarists then top three. Styles of music also come into it. If its Blues then for me he was probably the best British player. Then I would also cite Jeff Beck and Rory Gallagher. But if its worldwide and any sort of music then I would have to bring in people like Jerry Garcia and Stephen Stills. Could not stand Jimmy Page however I know how highly he is rated especially other musicians. I also think John Martyn was superb and quite underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Peter Green would come in my top five guitarists. If you limit it to British guitarists then top three. Styles of music also come into it. If its Blues then for me he was probably the best British player. Then I would also cite Jeff Beck and Rory Gallagher. But if its worldwide and any sort of music then I would have to bring in people like Jerry Garcia and Stephen Stills. Could not stand Jimmy Page however I know how highly he is rated especially other musicians. I also think John Martyn was superb and quite underrated.
    All down to tastes really I wouldn't argue with you about greeny. Nor page,funny how everybody seems to forget mick Ronson and Martin barre. If you have never listened to Jose Feliciano.give him a try.

I have on vinyl a double live album by Jose and he does an incredible version of the old GP and the Pacemakers song Dont Let The Sun Catch You Crying. Smashing acoustic guitarist with quite an effective voice. I could talk 24 hours a day about music and bands etc. Absolutely love it. Unlike football it never lets you down.

I have on vinyl a double live album by Jose and he does an incredible version of the old GP and the Pacemakers song Dont Let The Sun Catch You Crying. Smashing acoustic guitarist with quite an effective voice. I could talk 24 hours a day about music and bands etc. Absolutely love it. Unlike football it never lets you down.
    Have you heard him play MALAGUEÑA that's something else.also self taught.

It's all about opinions isn't it? Many of the great guitarists developed their own sound and I guess that influences us in our picks. Despite the comments by Nancy Wolf, Peter Green nearly always features highly in the list of great British guitarists - and rightly IMO. Nice to see someone mention Mick Ronson as he was a great guitarists all too frequently overlooked due to the fact he supported Bowie during the early 70's. No mention yet of Dave Gilmour or Peter Frampton. All worthy contenders IMHO.

Got to say one of the worst I ever heard live was Ronnie Wood when he was with the Faces and Rod Stewart. I have never heard so many bum notes in one night. Maybe it was down to the fact that he had fag smoke constantly drifting up into his eyes while he attempted to play.

Got to say one of the worst I ever heard live was Ronnie Wood when he was with the Faces and Rod Stewart. I have never heard so many bum notes in one night. Maybe it was down to the fact that he had fag smoke constantly drifting up into his eyes while he attempted to play.
    Stripes mentioned peter frampton,Steve Marriott ( another good in) wanted frampton to join small faces, but Ronnie lane was against him,lane being big mates with wood and rod Stewart.had his way .so Marriott left and formed humble pie later with frampton.you would take pie every day over aweful faces.back to top guitarists,never ending.kieth Richard,Clapton,mark knoffler,Davy graham,Bert Jansch and don't forget good old hank Marvin.plus Angus young was a brit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)