+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Funny enough I was at Oldham v Bolton last season...5000 Bolton fans there ( they lost 1-0 ) anyway was speaking to some of them before the game and they hate the reebok....no atmosphere and **** to get to they said ...I was surprised to hear though that they had a train station near the ground and another two stations within 20 mins of the ground...something we will not have
    Funny, your one off experience doesn't chime with my repeated experience nor what you'd read online. Must be true then.

It's a ****ing doddle to get to, train station on the door which admittedly Kingsford doesn't have, multiple buses laid on to all surrounding areas, and access/egress via a 1/4 mile dual carriageway that pops onto the M61 (that sound a bit like A944/AWPR perhaps?)

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Bolton Wanderers

It was full in the Premier League

Good lord.
    Erm yes. The negative point being made was that it is half empty *because* it's ****. That is spin that only the W.A.N.K.S. could attempt.

<>and will all these things that don't matter (transport and the stadium) have a much greater effect on attendances than is dismissed just now because of league position.
    Yup, attendances will in all probability go up due to the great location and transport links.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Yup, attendances will in all probability go up due to the great location and transport links.
    Aye drive to the game or all 10 bus pick up points which not only will 35% of the crowd be so delighted to use but also more on top of that.

It would be as great for 40-50% of the crowd from the city as it is for the tiny amount of folk from west Aberdeenshire getting into the city, which is apparently such a nightmare.

Aye drive to the game or all 10 bus pick up points which not only will 35% of the crowd be so delighted to use but also more on top of that.

It would be as great for 40-50% of the crowd from the city as it is for the tiny amount of folk from west Aberdeenshire getting into the city, which is apparently such a nightmare.
    Half the crowd currently come from outside the city, every single one of them will have it easier at Kingsford due to the AWPR, or if coming from the Alford/Tarland/Deeside corridors, then simply the truncated drive.

Add to that those in the city who will have it easier, and you'll see (though won't admit) that not everyone is going to be so put upon as you are, not by a long way.

It's also ****ign hilarious, that this whole venture should blocked IYO purely because it's going to be a bit inconvenient for *you*, but if it's at Pittodrie which is far worse for many many fans, that's just a-oh-****ing-k.

What a self centred selfish arse you've been on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We were talking about the Bolton home support.

In my opinion, Aberdeen fans wouldn't travel to home games in Bolton
    Nice deflection attempt.
    So you accept that the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind the move to Kingsford

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nice deflection attempt.
    So you accept that the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind the move to Kingsford
    Its not defection, you were talking about something entirely different. Now that you've caught up, I completely accept the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind this move. I don't remember saying anything different.

I think they're being led up the garden path.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post

Add to that those in the city who will have it easier, and you'll see (though won't admit) that not everyone is going to be so put upon as you are, not by a long way.

It's also ****ign hilarious, that this whole venture should blocked IYO purely because it's going to be a bit inconvenient for *you*

This is something I find quite funny as well - the insinuation that everyone who lives 'in the city' would be worse off. I used to stay on Queens Road at Kings Gate and Kingsford is exactly the same distance away as Pittodrie - and a damn sight easier to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Its not defection, you were talking about something entirely different. Now that you've caught up, I completely accept the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind this move. I don't remember saying anything different.

I think they're being led up the garden path.
    Hope you're wrang Mason, but I share yer cynicism.

My take is, we've boxed oursells into a corner via years, decades, of mismanagement and taking practical and pecuniary issues into account leaving the Pitt is probably the only viable option.

Look roond the auld place.
    The Dicker is the only bit of it that is ony eese........and it's starting to look a bit "ibrox" here and there.
    Ye need a grun that maks money on 4 sides and nae just on match days.
    Then there's training facilities.......that's a must these days.

Now, that doesnae have to be at the grun, so building a class training facility and redeveloping the Pitt might be an option I suppose, but cost needs to be a consideration there.

This needs to be done right...............nae half-@rsed, ill conceived.....normal AFC type shenanigans.

Location wise.......there's nae an obvious sight within the Toon..........Westhill is as good as any place, but the transport links need to be spot on.

These are testing times and we need to hud the board's feet to the fire at every turn to make sure a'thing is right.

But the entrenched positions arenae helpful, if someone can realistically cost a plan involving rebuilding the Pitt to a proper standard and building a training complex.....wherever, then that should be looked at.
    I'd have hoped that was already done by the board, maybe they are that entrenched in their agenda..... I canna think why they would be though.

One problem is that Stewart Milne would move the whole world to Westhills if he got the chance.
    He likes Westhill, he might even think of it as the toon.

Personally, if I woke up one morning to find out I was living in Westhill I think I would have to shoot myself.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast