+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    One problem is that Stewart Milne would move the whole world to Westhills if he got the chance.
    He likes Westhill, he might even think of it as the toon.

Personally, if I woke up one morning to find out I was living in Westhill I think I would have to shoot myself.
    My first football match for my primary school was Westhill, they beat us 8-0. The humiliation.

My first job was in Westhill, two years I spent there were most excruciating, even back then (1983-85) it was full of snooty ****ers who thought they were better than everyone else, and it was such a pre-packed soulless place.

I ****ing hated it, but gradually grew to think it was ok, I'm afraid though this latest nonsense has me reverting back to my original view. First impressions are often correct impressions.

When will the final decision be made as to whether or not this move is ON/OFF??

Reason I'm asking is I'm sick of stansmith being a kn@bjockey........once decision is made maybe he will do us all a favour and do one back to the hun website.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    These are testing times and we need to hud the board's feet to the fire at every turn to make sure a'thing is right.
    Exactly

The stadium is Milnes gift to the people of Aberdeen. It's his legacy. Its the one thing that'll stop people thinking 'c*nt' when they pass him in the street. If he delivers, it'll be the only thing that rolls the giant shyte of his 20 years in charge in glitter.

Westhill may well be the only viable option for the ground but frankly I don't believe a word that comes out his moo, especially when it comes to the urgent need to move. I can't believe that after 20 years, we still can't see exactly what we'll be building. I think we should be told what the costs of running the training facility should be. Who's making money on the deal? Where exactly is the money coming from? Personally speaking, my seat would be much comfier if I knew there were no handshakes to get it built.

We're putting the future of the club into a man who's not only a footballing calamity but who's also strikes me as being very bland. He's Coldplay, vanilla, beige, St.Johnstone...There is nothing to suggest that this stadium will be any different.

This AllforAurora campaign is every bit as bad as Westhill nimbyism as well. Just trying to put pressure on folk not to do their jobs properly. If this was handled well, every Aberdeen supporter would be behind it already.

I like vanilla.

Dinna like Coldplay mind.......or St Johnstone.

There's a place for beige..........nae a big een.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I like vanilla.
    Ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He's Coldplay, .
    I get uncontrollable urges to chop up anyone that puts Coldplay on a jukebox

I don't get that with Saints fans, beige wearers or when I taste vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I get uncontrollable urges to chop up anyone that puts Coldplay on a jukebox

I don't get that with Saints fans, beige wearers or when I taste vanilla
    I hit the skip button if folk put on Pink Floyd or Ocean Colour Scene

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

We're putting the future of the club into a man who's not only a footballing calamity but who's also strikes me as being very bland. He's Coldplay, vanilla, beige, St.Johnstone...There is nothing to suggest that this stadium will be any different.
    OK... and apologies if I misappropriate or misconstrue your views but of the stuff you have said about the stadium

1) You wanted steeper banked seating? (which was an issue as going higher causes problems with the nimbies) so the club have lowered the level in the revised plans to allow this to happen?

2) You want something more iconic / designed / 'soulful' rather than a standardised lego stadium? They are building on the shoulders of giants so that is cheaper. The bespoke / iconic nature of a unique stadium will result in higher design and build costs. Which conflicts with....

3) ...you are justifiably concerned with debt. So without a magic billionaire who wants to throw money around... which is more important to you? Iconic vs Debt?

4) Related to debt - redoing pittodrie (even if possible - which some suggest it isn't without going to 12/13k capacity and reduced ongoing revenue = more debt) is going to cost about the same as Kingsford (based on the only information we have from the club or finger in the air looking at hearts currently... but seem pretty consistent) BUT without the income from the sale (more debt).

5) Something about the corners? (sorry can't remember) but would result in change of use inside the stadium internals .... back to bespoke and debt.

BUT it would be interested (as per the OP) what you might tweak that might be achievable ( as per #1 above)

Oh - and scepticism around corruption / incompetence / side deals / money making - sure.... carry on.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast