+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford
    I will double that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    So to get this straight, you cannot remember the early games but you are certain that the person that took you
    would not have ventured so far as taking you on a bus. Who are you the ****ing queen?
    You've got it, for the same reason they didn't take me to away games. Do you think families will be desperate to take young kids on a packed bus to Westhill, potentially as a 2nd one of the day, then do the same on the way back?

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    You've got it, for the same reason they didn't take me to away games. Do you think families will be desperate to take young kids on a packed bus to Westhill, potentially as a 2nd one of the day, then do the same on the way back?
    I know right. Taking kids on a bus for a few miles from the centre of Aberdeen, whatever next.

I had not thought about this but you have convinced me now. If we are going to have children on buses, I am out. #thinkofthekids. NoToChildrenOnBusestoKingsford.com

It's reasonable to say that after Lang Stracht is not in Aberdeen. It's not connected and there's no pavement.
    There is. All the way to Westhill.

Nope, because most will TAKE THEIR ****ING CAR. Jesus **** min.

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...yeah, ok, sure you've had enough - but you are just doing a version of asking someone outside for a fight! "I'm going to ask you to back up your opinion with money otherwise shut up".... sorry as much as I want the new gaff and disagree with SS - cyberbullying isn't great - you just scare people off from disagreeing with your point of view in 'public' and they foster a massive resentment! And FFS that has wrecked our whole f***ing society!
    Deary me petal.

Are you not fed up with smithy's baseless assertions? I sure am, the "crowds going down" being possibly his most laughable (though there's so much to choose from).

It's not cyberbullying at all, it's put up or shut up. I bet very small believe me, but on this one he is without a shadow of a doubt wrong and I'll put up what I can reasonably afford to put on a wager, he's welcome to match it, being as he is, so utterly correct on all of this.

I sort of attended less & less over the years , when the parking became too much of a hindrance

It was great when you could drive right up to pittodrie & park anywhere on any street for free.

Then there were more & more restrictions. If I left it late to decide , I wouldn't bother because I knew the hassle of getting a place near enough.
    There were/are probably plenty like me.

It will be the same with Kingsford. I want to drive there & not have to worry that I will not be finding somewhere to leave the car.

The park & ride is a pretty inadequate solution. It only holds so much anyway.

The only hope is in the future we can buy adjacent land, for a proper sized area right by the ground.

Right now they are not making it easy for people to attend the new stadium.

maybe that's too pessimistic , but It seems to be easy to foretell where the problem will be.

These threads will go on until kick off of the first game in the new midden

Then they will change to, "telt you it would be sh@te thread", "the corners ruin it thread"(possibly started by me), "busses are a mare thread", "the crowd was only big because of the novelty thread" "did you see the guffy NIMBY bird getting her garden pissed in thread" "busses are magic thread""nae problem parking thread" etc etc

Theres life in this old site yet

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Then they will change to, "telt you it would be sh@te thread", "the corners ruin it thread"(possibly started by me), "busses are a mare thread", "the crowd was only big because of the novelty thread" "did you see the guffy NIMBY bird getting her garden pissed in thread" "busses are magic thread""nae problem parking thread" etc etc

Only if there's not a 'F*ck Aberdeen Council' thread first

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

The "Got there 40 minutes quicker fae Inverness but nae place for a pint" thread.

Kinda niche that een.........

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast