+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    baby talk
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Poor.
    Entitled to your opinions, but stansmith has chosen the wrong time and the wrong platform to make his points.
    He also shows little reflection on the responses and reasons to peddle falacies in his points.
    He's joined this site purely to Troll his objections to a move to Kingsford.

Let me ask you both a question.
    Does the stadium impact whether you will watch the Don's or not?

I need a seat and a view and a roof! I'll get masel there and back one way or another too!

I am already on record as saying that most doubts about the move will be forgotten if they build something to be proud of.

With regard to the filled in corners.

Remember the problems at the San Siro with the pitch were put down to the stadium stopping the wind drying the pitch out.

I just sat facing the main stand ( with the gaps) in Budapest a couple of weeks ago.
    It actually took a while to notice that the seating didn't go the whole way round.

The gaps obviously provide access in and out of the stadium and may help with the ventilation of the pitch.
    The roof went the whole way round the stadium though, which did a great job of disguising the gaps in the seating.

The main stand is different anyway with all of the corporate boxes etc.

The whole thing is the dogs bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    If you were a fan, youd recognise that.
    changed it for you as you were inaccurate. he is not a fan at all, never was. has no knowledge of the problems at Pittodrie and his only "knowledge" of Pittodrie comes from the NoKingsford campaign briefs as he has proven on many occasions on here.

on Abmad, we do not call out one fan being better than another fan... but we do call out when someone is not a fan at all and is pretending to be one for his own NIMBY crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Indeed I do. One looks spectacular and the other doesn't. At Kingsford the vehicle access is through a chunk of the stands behind the goals. It's all over the place.
    The Kingsford design incorporates seating around the whole of the ground without having 2 large gaps for vehicle access like the Groupama Arena does.

The lower roof design at Kingsford would be better acoustically than than the higher one at Groupama.

I couldn't disagree more Grievsey min.

The acoustics at Groupama are superb. ( most opera houses don't look like sheds)

Provided they get the stands steep enough then the whole look and feel of the thing comes down to the roof.

We don't want anything too arty, keeping the rain off is number 1 priority but it's really important to get the roof right.

That Bristol city stand looks fine but the roof looks s'hite.

Atmosphere is the really important thing but asthetics is important too.

Although I understand the idea of just watching the team, we can do that at Pittodrie.

If we must build away from the foot of Merkland Road East then I want to stand outside the stadium feeling proud of our ground.

I don't want to look at what is basically four tin sheds with the corners filled in.

The design of the roof makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Utter b0ll0cks.
    I don't go to the ground to watch the stadium, I go to watch the team.
    To that end, the new stadium and training facilities give the Dons a platform to progress.
    If you were a true fan, youd recognise that.
    You and the other window licker can give it a rest now. That's your opinion.

You're one of these Brits conditioned to think like that - turn up to stare gormlessly at the pitch and not care where you are. That's fine, that's your opinion. Lots of people care about where they are and what the stadium is like. Look at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    Stan, you seem to be clutching at straws now.
    You are in the vast minority that dislike the stadium, which along with a few on here are entitled to your opinion.
    Personally, I think the design for Kingsford is good. Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.
    The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement. The one thing I do agree on is the parking debate, but it's certainly not a show stopper. There are thousands of fans travelling further every week.
    I'm definitely not in the vast minority that dislike the stadium design. Potentially around 60% don't like going by the poll from the other week.

The stadium design has been set as far as it appears. The interior, such as standing, is all that could be changed.

Last mention of this on this thread, it's also clearly not right that 10km from the city's pubs and restaurants is not an inconvenience, but if you don't think that there's nothing that will convince you.
    Last edited by stansmith; 04-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    You and the other window licker can give it a rest now. That's your opinion.

You're one of these Brits conditioned to think like that - turn up to stare gormlessly at the pitch and not care where you are. That's fine, that's your opinion. Lots of people care about where they are and what the stadium is like. Look at this thread.
    "stare gormlessly at the pitch" as opposed to you sitting at home watching reruns of One Foot in the Grave at 3pm on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I couldn't disagree more Grievsey min.

The acoustics at Groupama are superb. ( most opera houses don't look like sheds)

Provided they get the stands steep enough then the whole look and feel of the thing comes down to the roof.

We don't want anything too arty, keeping the rain off is number 1 priority but it's really important to get the roof right.

That Bristol city stand looks fine but the roof looks s'hite.

Atmosphere is the really important thing but asthetics is important too.

Although I understand the idea of just watching the team, we can do that at Pittodrie.

If we must build away from the foot of Merkland Road East then I want to stand outside the stadium feeling proud of our ground.

I don't want to look at what is basically four tin sheds with the corners filled in.

The design of the roof makes the difference.
    Going by the photo on post#6 it should be steep enough.

If we get enough like minded folk standing/sitting together I'm sure we'll be heard, a few hours in the boozer before kick-off would help.

Where to sit is going to be a problem to begin with.I'm getting used to the idea, although just the thought of that final Pittodrie game brings tears to my eyes.

People have been going to Pittodrie for so long that their choice of seat is almost a social class choice.
    I said almost before anyone rips that apart.

There won't be a "Y"
    Well not to start with anyway.

I suppose there will be an equivalent of the Main Stand.
    Same side as the dug outs, posher seating or whatever.

If they go for a standing area that'll take care of the behind the goal supporter ( they won't go for standing)

Personally I prefer being towards King Street rather than the Beach, although I used to buy 4 season tickets for me and the kids in the RDU, and obviously frequented the Beach End at one point.

No matter which direction the new stadium is oriented I'm still going to think of the layout in terms of Pittodrie.

So my choice of seat will be in the South Stand, central enough but towards the King Street End.

Preferably at the end of a row about half way up the terracing.

If you are looking in Mr. Yule, I might just be prepared to pay some sort of deposit to secure this seat before the building work even starts.

Obviously, coming up with this wonderful idea I wouldn't expect you to actually charge me.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast