+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: New Stadium Design

The sooner the builders get in the better, I just hope its not Stewarty thats the Builder

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    1. The council don't, the W.A.NK.S. do and this was designed to lower the height of the stadium. Hence "set in stone". It's already in the public domain.

2. See above. The gradient obviously affects the height, doesn't need saying twice surely?
    ...request for info rather than anything else. Have the club said why they can't have the same external height of the stadium but a greater rake created by having the pitch below ground level. There are a number of 'big name' stadia that have pitches below 'street' level inc. Chelsea's proposed new stadium will have.

If it's cost / flooding /anything else - fair enough... I just wondered if there was a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ... I just wondered if there was a reason?
    The club have failed to give reasons for a lot of their lines they have trotted out

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Just reading the Aurora spiel tonight (http://afc.co.uk/stadium.php) and wanted to highlight a section that I wasn't previously aware of:

Safe Standing Section

Many fans have asked about the detail for inside the stadium. Apart from the gradients, nothing has been set in stone and, should we be granted planning consent, we will be consulting with our fans on the design of the interior of the stadium. Our goal is to significantly improve the match-day experience for everyone with a focus on safety, comfort and atmosphere.

Why would the Council care two hoots about the "gradients"???

If this is relating to the height of the stadium, why not say this?

What would a few feet matter anyway - its a f*cking football stadium for christ sakes! Not as if the neighbour's roses are gonna be in the shade either way.

WE NEED A STADIUM THAT HAS STEEP RAKED STANDS - THESE ARE THE STADIUMS THAT HELP MAXIMISE ATMOSPHERE

Think Tynecastle v Pittodrie, or Celtic Park v Ibrox. Put the same fans in these grounds and Tynecastle/Celtic Park always edge it for atmosphere.

Success in top level sport is all about marginal gains - lets give ourselves that edge from the start.
    Excuses. Loirston stands were planned exactly the same - an intimidating ground is not what they're after. The stadium will also be and look tiny.

For comparison, at the highest point ours is 21 metres while Tynecastle is 38 metres. A red tesco thing next to a dualler is what we're on course for.

I don't know how anyone can look at that and not think McDiarmid Park. That won't convince those in the city to put up with shuttles forever never mind get more people through the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...request for info rather than anything else. Have the club said why they can't have the same external height of the stadium but a greater rake created by having the pitch below ground level. There are a number of 'big name' stadia that have pitches below 'street' level inc. Chelsea's proposed new stadium will have.

If it's cost / flooding /anything else - fair enough... I just wondered if there was a reason?
    From one of the meetings or maybe last week's council meeting (SEPA guy) perhaps, there's a chance of there being flooding in the area, it would cover the fan zone, but they're still happy with the deponent.

So I imagine with them at the water table is pretty high meaning no digging down below what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    From one of the meetings or maybe last week's council meeting (SEPA guy) perhaps, there's a chance of there being flooding in the area, it would cover the fan zone, but they're still happy with the deponent.

So I imagine with them at the water table is pretty high meaning no digging down below what is necessary.
    ...I asked the club via the kingsford website (I asked them they got a response) - current plans have it 450mm below but that may change (no less than...) in the final detailed design. So if you want a greater rake having the pitch lower ti create it without raising the stand height would be doable in theory (if you make your views known)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526