+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

I must admit, I like the idea of a "complex" rather than just a "grun", and, because of the demographic round the Pitt now, that's nae possible.

Years ago, we should've gotten our hands on the gasometer land and Linksfield (or a sizeable area doon the beach) and done this in situ.

But we never, partly because the (then) Gasboard tried to mug off Chairman Dick and largely because of Chris's untimely, early demise.

Dick was a parsimonious pragmatist, we'd have never had the success we had without Chris.

Had Chris lived until the age he should've, we wouldnae have ended up boxed in a corner like we are.
    We'd have either moved years ago, or we'd be in a wise-like scenario wi the Pitt.....and a training facility.
    Chris was the visionary, the man behind the seated ground, they guy that knew the way the wind was blowing.

But we are where we are.
    We either shift, or spend a fortune getting the Pitt up to scratch and spend another fortune on a separate training facility many a mile fae AB24.

Shifting strikes me as the right way to go....BUT it has to be done right.

A proper grun wi character, a world class training centre, Grade A transport links to the new grun, facilities at the grun (bars, kid friendly restaurants, "things of interest" for folk that dinna want to eat or peeve) all while still having a decent product on the park.

It's nae gan to be easy, but it's the only realistic option as far as I can see.

Oh.....and I mind the outcry in the late 70s......when they seated "the ground".

Tad short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    They did go on a fact finding mission across Europe.

That's what happens when you send the likes of George Yule out to choose your new stadium design and hire people who have never designed a stadium in their life.

You mention Ferencvaros where Hungary were playing tonight. See the standing area, the stands above the pitch and proper corners.

One looks Championship, the other Champions League.
    Well put Stan - the Bristol City corners look like they were filled in as an afterthought - "Ibrox-esque"......... say no more.

This is our chance to get a great Stadium - after our loyalty and great history we deserve far better than the Ashton Gate of the north.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Well put Stan - the Bristol City corners look like they were filled in as an afterthought - "Ibrox-esque"......... say no more.

Exactly what ive said about our new amazing ground. Its as if they have filled the corners once they have worked out whats going behind them. Looks sh@te

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Entitled to your opinions, but stansmith has chosen the wrong time and the wrong platform to make his points.
    He also shows little reflection on the responses and reasons to peddle falacies in his points.
    He's joined this site purely to Troll his objections to a move to Kingsford.

Let me ask you both a question.
    Does the stadium impact whether you will watch the Don's or not?
    Troll alert

By your logic, why have any ambition in life? Just accept what comes eh?

Take it or leave it is your mantra across this Forum

I've said this before, I'm sure you're either on the board or close to it - why dont you report back that the fans want a say in how OUR stadium will look. We'll effectively be paying for it for the next 100 years.......

Then again - it seems democracy doesnt figure too high in your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.
    The fans should have zero input, which is great because you would need to be barking mad to think Milne will give us one.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement.
    It's 6 miles. It's why Motherwell aren't called Hamilton Accies. It's not a huge distance but you have to be very careful about moving a club that far out its community. I can't think of too many success stories

Not another new stadium thread.

Troll alert

I've said this before, I'm sure you're either on the board or close to it - why dont you report back that the fans want a say in how OUR stadium will look. We'll effectively be paying for it for the next 100 years.......

Yup. My 3 stalkers have lost their minds in the process of this.

Stadium looks tinpot. If we're selling our soul and moving out of Aberdeen in an effort to reach heady European heights, build a European stadium that everyone will love.

Not a lesser copy of one redeveloped stand of a fckin football/rugby stadium.

People saying about the corners look like an afterthought, it's because they're copied from a redeveloped ground where they had to plunk them where they could fit it. This is a blank canvas and they've copied that. It's really unbelievable and unacceptable.

Troll alert

Lol, I'm not the troll and neither am I close to the board.
    If you read up on it, there's been a number of public consultations and the club has said the stadium is not set in stone and there will be an opportunity for feedback.
    That's not good enough for you I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The fans should have zero input, which is great because you would need to be barking mad to think Milne will give us one.

It's 6 miles. It's why Motherwell aren't called Hamilton Accies. It's not a huge distance but you have to be very careful about moving a club that far out its community. I can't think of too many success stories
    Where exactly is the community you refer to?
    It's a Myth as people travel from afar to watch Aberdeen.

I gave a couple of examples before (Lyon and Nice if I recall) where the stadiums were further away from the centre than Kingsford and successfully used shuttle buses.
    They're hardly poor examples of clubs derailing by moving out of the city centre

We definitely getting shuttle busses? Lol

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast