+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.
    It's more or less the exact opposite. People can live with a mediocre stadium (nobody would design a stadium that looks like Pittodrie yet we all still go) but transport will completely kill it if they don't get it right. It's the single biggest issue.

As for the design itself, I don't have a problem with it. It's not greatly imaginative, but it still looks miles better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    It's more or less the exact opposite. People can live with a mediocre stadium (nobody would design a stadium that looks like Pittodrie yet we all still go) but transport will completely kill it if they don't get it right. It's the single biggest issue.

As for the design itself, I don't have a problem with it. It's not greatly imaginative, but it still looks miles better than what we have.
    I believe it's the total opposite of what you say and an incredible stadium would overrule the transport which will never be good enough because it's 6 miles west from the centre. This seems to be the gist of comments and fans are concerned they'll get neither. It certainly is that way at the moment.

Fans will travel and put in the effort to go to something great. They won't for an average stadium that's bad to travel to and out of the way.

Anyway, the design.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I believe it's the total opposite of what you say and an incredible stadium would overrule the transport which will never be good enough because it's 6 miles west from the centre. This seems to be the gist of comments and fans are concerned they'll get neither. It certainly is that way at the moment.

Fans will travel and put in the effort to go to something great. They won't for an average stadium that's bad to travel to and out of the way.

Anyway, the design.
    Obviously a brilliant stadium is going to attract more people than a terrible one. The club should be doing everything they can to make it as appealing as possible. But there are two variables in this equation (quality of the stadium and how much it costs / how long it takes to go to and from the thing everytime you want to watch a game) and the idea the quality of the stadium is more important than the transport time is frankly just complete nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

If it were some kind of globally significant architectural marvel that people are going to view as an attraction in its own right then fine, but you're essentially balancing aesthetics against people's time and money (the two resources they care about more than any other).

Anyway, the design.

Anyway, the design.
    Stan, you seem to be clutching at straws now.
    You are in the vast minority that dislike the stadium, which along with a few on here are entitled to your opinion.
    Personally, I think the design for Kingsford is good. Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.
    The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement. The one thing I do agree on is the parking debate, but it's certainly not a show stopper. There are thousands of fans travelling further every week.

Name:  1617_stade_reims.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  65.3 KB

Ferencvaros ground is really nice, really like Stade de Rheims, holds just over 20,000.
    Last edited by RealPompeyDon; 04-09-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Personally speaking, I would love to stay at a redeveloped Pittodrie, but the board have clearly made up their mind.

I'm not against Kingsford. We only play at home once a fortnight - a shuttle bus from town isnt a hardship.......

PROVIDED WE HAVE A QUALITY, ATMOSPHERIC STADIUM DESIGN*

*steep stands,stands tight to pitch - i.e. nothing like Bristol Rovers' plan. Ferencvaros was a decent example on previous posts. Hearts will also have a decent ground in a few months. A design that could be expanded in future years would also be worthwhile.

For me there are two debates:

- Kingsford Y/N

- Stadium design: Atmospheric vs Cheap off-the-shelf design

Lets focus on these issues separately. Stadium design in this forum.

NIMBYs, lack of pubs etc., transport etc. on the other forum.

I'm sure there will be beer tents/bars at the new ground in some form. I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.

Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there - why dont the board go on a fact finding trip across Europe and see how its done and make this the best stadium it can be.

This stadium is going to be here long after we've gone - lets do it right!
    We can't have the stands close and tight to the pitch. You need to have a run off behind the goals and a track at the sides to meet UEFA requirements. This is the major issue as to why we are moving from pittodrie in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing.
    Nah, Stan will be able to walk from westhill to the stadium. Who knows, he may even start going to games.

Name:  b4.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  15.5 KB

Yep, this stadium in Bristol looks fantastic!

Anyway, the design.
    Utter b0ll0cks.
    I don't go to the ground to watch the stadium, I go to watch the team.
    To that end, the new stadium and training facilities give the Dons a platform to progress.
    If you were a true fan, youd recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    If you were a true fan, .
    baby talk

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast