+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

New Stadium Design

Personally speaking, I would love to stay at a redeveloped Pittodrie, but the board have clearly made up their mind.

I'm not against Kingsford. We only play at home once a fortnight - a shuttle bus from town isnt a hardship.......

PROVIDED WE HAVE A QUALITY, ATMOSPHERIC STADIUM DESIGN*

*steep stands,stands tight to pitch - i.e. nothing like Bristol Rovers' plan. Ferencvaros was a decent example on previous posts. Hearts will also have a decent ground in a few months. A design that could be expanded in future years would also be worthwhile.

For me there are two debates:

- Kingsford Y/N

- Stadium design: Atmospheric vs Cheap off-the-shelf design

Lets focus on these issues separately. Stadium design in this forum.

NIMBYs, lack of pubs etc., transport etc. on the other forum.

I'm sure there will be beer tents/bars at the new ground in some form. I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.

Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there - why dont the board go on a fact finding trip across Europe and see how its done and make this the best stadium it can be.

This stadium is going to be here long after we've gone - lets do it right!

Affordable Lounges with Bar and pre-match snacks would be a starter for ten for me.

I was at ParkRed in 2014. £60 Lounge access and match ticket was f@cking ace - for a Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post

*steep stands,stands tight to pitch - i.e. nothing like Bristol Rovers' plan. Ferencvaros was a decent example on previous posts. Hearts will also have a decent ground in a few months. A design that could be expanded in future years would also be worthwhile.
    The Kingsford design is nothing like the proposed new Bristol Rovers stadium. The stand design on all 4 sides of Kingsford is based on the South Stand at Ashton Gate - home of Bristol City.

South Stand at Ashton Gate:

Name:  bcfc3.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  bcfc4.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  49.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    South Stand at Ashton Gate:

Name:  bcfc3.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  bcfc4.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  49.7 KB

Seems decent and steep enough for me.

It looks alright to me as well, steep stands with a large concourse area like the Richard Donald Lower.

Name:  b 3.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  b 4.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  98.2 KB

It looks alright to me as well, steep stands with a large concourse area like the Richard Donald Lower.

Name:  b 3.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  b 4.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  98.2 KB
    Looks great. Guaranteed increase in crowds if we had a stadium based on this design. (for the first season anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post

Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there - why dont the board go on a fact finding trip across Europe and see how its done and make this the best stadium it can be.

This stadium is going to be here long after we've gone - lets do it right!
    They did go on a fact finding mission across Europe.

That's what happens when you send the likes of George Yule out to choose your new stadium design and hire people who have never designed a stadium in their life.

You mention Ferencvaros where Hungary were playing tonight. See the standing area, the stands above the pitch and proper corners.

One looks Championship, the other Champions League.

If you're on about "proper corners" - there's seating all 4 corners of the Kingsford design but there's gaps on main stand side at the Groupama Arena.

Name:  f2.jpg
Views: 1782
Size:  103.6 KB

Still, you know best eh ?

If you're on about "proper corners" - there's seating all 4 corners of the Kingsford design but there's gaps on main stand side at the Groupama Arena.

Name:  f2.jpg
Views: 1782
Size:  103.6 KB

Still, you know best eh ?
    Indeed I do. One looks spectacular and the other doesn't. At Kingsford the vehicle access is through a chunk of the stands behind the goals. It's all over the place.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast