+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Where exactly is the community you refer to?
    It's a Myth as people travel from afar to watch Aberdeen.

I gave a couple of examples before (Lyon and Nice if I recall) where the stadiums were further away from the centre than Kingsford and successfully used shuttle buses.
    They're hardly poor examples of clubs derailing by moving out of the city centre
    U.K. examples? I don't follow the French game

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    Well that wont bother you as you dont go to games in Aberdeen. As for the distance, get a grip, fans to all clubs travel more than 6 miles. Shaks ma heid at nuggets like this.
    I assumed you were based in Borneo, my mistake. I don't care where they build it but AFC are asking folk from a city who already struggle to support the team, to make an extra effort. It's a bold move when the ground you're building looks sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I assumed you were based in Borneo, my mistake. I don't care where they build it but AFC are asking folk from a city who already struggle to support the team, to make an extra effort. It's a bold move when the ground you're building looks sh1te.
    Mason, I work in Borneo and live in Thailand. I also pay my redtv annually, purchase from the Dons shop regular, and have travelled back for some games, so I support them when I can. I was a season ticket holder for a spell and also played on the Pittodrie pitch a few times so yes, I have very good memories of the ground going back to the Dryborough cup final. But its definitely time to move.
    I personally think the design of the new stadium is good. Of course it could be better, if the board was willing to spend 100M and not the paltry 50M (sarcastic smile).
    Our city & shire will never all come and watch the Dons, just look at the buses that go to the 2 cheeks every week, that will never change. But a new stadium with attract more people, which im sure you will agree, no matter where it is built. You never know, you might go to one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Mondo,still on for a supporters club. Might be the easier option.

#rotweissoldmeldrum
    Sorry mate, I've booked a space on OneBrianIrvines shuttle hot-air balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Stalkers now! If you do not like people replying to your posts on a public forum, there is an easy answer.

Perhaps people are taking exception at you reiterating falsehoods from the No Kingsford campaign. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all.

So, if we build a stadium that you approve of you at Westhill will dismiss your objections to the stadium? Didn't think so. As you have said, all that needs to change at Pittodrie is the main stand. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all.

Get help.

U.K. examples? I don't follow the French game
    Ignorance is not a virtue?
    I don't follow the English, Welsh or Norther Irish game either, so not sure why you want to exclude perfectly good examples other than you have no counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ignorance is not a virtue?
    I don't follow the English, Welsh or Norther Irish game either, so not sure why you want to exclude perfectly good examples other than you have no counter argument.
    That'll be no then.

So given that there's no obvious example of this working before, what makes us so special? Why will we be different? You're confident it won't be an issue & that's great but it's based on nothing but blind optimism. Same as the board.

We *could* be right in the sh1te when the novelty wears off.

We *could* be right in the sh1te when the novelty wears off.
    We WILL be in the sh*te, if it doesnt go through.

Mason, I work in Borneo and live in Thailand. I also pay my redtv annually, purchase from the Dons shop regular, and have travelled back for some games, so I support them when I can. I was a season ticket holder for a spell and also played on the Pittodrie pitch a few times so yes, I have very good memories of the ground going back to the Dryborough cup final. But its definitely time to move.
    I personally think the design of the new stadium is good. Of course it could be better, if the board was willing to spend 100M and not the paltry 50M (sarcastic smile).
    Our city & shire will never all come and watch the Dons, just look at the buses that go to the 2 cheeks every week, that will never change. But a new stadium with attract more people, which im sure you will agree, no matter where it is built. You never know, you might go to one game.

I'll need to up my game if I'm being pulled up for non attendance from Thailand

There's a number of factors that put me off but number one on the list, is that I can't really be @rsed. Still go more than you though

We WILL be in the sh*te, if it doesnt go through.
    That's another issue but I don't believe for a second that Milnes telling the whole truth about the state of Pittodrie.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast