+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

And SYP would put restrictions in place ageeun , why ? No problem when we were int premier league ??? All 4 sides of ground full .

Every body spending Mr Lee's money on this and that premier league new stands etc when nobody knows exactly what his plans are .Until they are disclosed put your dreams on hold oh by the way we the fans have no say in the matter until then

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Do I think Mr Lee wants to buy the club and be happy to scratch around in the championship ?

Absolutely not , that doesn't make any sense , whilst the championship receives decent exposure from the media and Sky it pales into insignificance at the side of the PL and its global audience .

They've spotted a potential bargain here have the consortium , sitting one level below the PL , debt free , decent manager with a good track record and the potential to grow .

I don't know how much they would have to pay to buy an established PL such as Stoke City but I reckon it would be far greater than ourselves but in my opinion the price only tells half of the story as to why they want to acquire ourselves .

There's a potential story to be written here and the chance for the consortium to stamp their own mark on the club , drive it forward and reap their reward from the core business they have successfully made billions from .

The story of Chelsea in modern times is about Roman Abramovic , Ethihad write the Man City story , it goes hand in hand and without their ownership both Chelsea and City were nothing clubs who simply made up the numbers .

If the consortium take this club to the PL then they are receiving the global exposure and they will become synonymous with our success and their core businesses will receive the benefit too .

Personally I want restraint and a 3 to 5 year plan that is root and branched , I want the academy to grow alongside the general transfer activity , I want things done properly with long term benefits and I want to see benefits to the town's economy and for the consortium to reach out into the area and not just on Grove Street .

Ticket prices kept low and major improvements in food and drink and I want to see these new owners at meetings and forums listening and accountable , sending Hecky and the CEO to meetings isn't good enough .

Do not go for too much too soon , there's no rush here , positive progress , add to the squad by all means but let's spend wisely and not spend just because we can and it's headline grabbing .

Be aware that Nice and South Yorkshire are mars and venus and whilst you own both clubs what works at Nice doesn't mean it will work here .

Steady as you go Mr Lee , once we get a liking for the cut of your suit then you will not find a better people or club anywhere but don't feck us around , you've picked the wrong town for playing us for idiots .
    ......£7 an hour for that diatribe.... I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Every body spending Mr Lee's money on this and that premier league new stands etc when nobody knows exactly what his plans are .Until they are disclosed put your dreams on hold oh by the way we the fans have no say in the matter until then
    Even then we don't have any say in it. The only decision I have any say in is: do I buy a ticket or not? If the price is right, the answer will always be Yes, but if there's anybody out there thinking they can bump up prices and still have my cash, they'll be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Even then we don't have any say in it. The only decision I have any say in is: do I buy a ticket or not? If the price is right, the answer will always be Yes, but if there's anybody out there thinking they can bump up prices and still have my cash, they'll be proved wrong.
    Agree , that's my point . Most fans are not far away from the ceiling they're prepared to watch a game of football. Hiking up prices to pay footballers an extra couple of grand a week won't wash in Barnsley

Ere ere well said Guv

So is the takeover finalized or is it still pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Agree , that's my point . Most fans are not far away from the ceiling they're prepared to watch a game of football. Hiking up prices to pay footballers an extra couple of grand a week won't wash in Barnsley
    Worst thing they can do is start with the £42 a ticket game because they've spent a couple of million on a player .

It's tough to put bums on seats at Oakwell as it is , I'm hopeful they are listening to PC on the culture around these parts because if they haven't then they are going to find out the hard way .

As far as investment goes it's hard to get a read on what their intentions are , a modest amount could be £50 million to these people and totaly mind boggling to ourselves .

Then again are they playing it canny so as not to inflate the price of any potential signings , big fanfare and red carpet and giving it the big entrance would not only inflate prices it would also put people under unnecessary pressure to deliver a place in the PL asap , the kind of pressure that gets Head Coaches sacked and millions of pounds wasted .

That is not what I want to see , nobody in the history of this club got the sack because they failed to get us into the top flight and I don't want to see it now .

Get the club progressing at this level first , if we are mid table in January then leave it alone , see what this crop can deliver first , by the end of the season we will know who we need to be looking to extend contracts to and that's where we need the investment , those that haven't quite made it and there will be one or two look to offload and perhaps replace from higher up than our usual recruitment area .

I'll say this here and now , if a £12 million pound winger joins the club from Benfica in January we are fecked with these new owners because that signals in my opinion a PL or bust attitude and we all know how that one will end .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Worst thing they can do is start with the £42 a ticket game because they've spent a couple of million on a player .

It's tough to put bums on seats at Oakwell as it is , I'm hopeful they are listening to PC on the culture around these parts because if they haven't then they are going to find out the hard way .

As far as investment goes it's hard to get a read on what their intentions are , a modest amount could be £50 million to these people and totaly mind boggling to ourselves .

Then again are they playing it canny so as not to inflate the price of any potential signings , big fanfare and red carpet and giving it the big entrance would not only inflate prices it would also put people under unnecessary pressure to deliver a place in the PL asap , the kind of pressure that gets Head Coaches sacked and millions of pounds wasted .

That is not what I want to see , nobody in the history of this club got the sack because they failed to get us into the top flight and I don't want to see it now .

Get the club progressing at this level first , if we are mid table in January then leave it alone , see what this crop can deliver first , by the end of the season we will know who we need to be looking to extend contracts to and that's where we need the investment , those that haven't quite made it and there will be one or two look to offload and perhaps replace from higher up than our usual recruitment area .

I'll say this here and now , if a £12 million pound winger joins the club from Benfica in January we are fecked with these new owners because that signals in my opinion a PL or bust attitude and we all know how that one will end .
    Agree Animal.....
    Slowly slowly, Catcheeee Monkeeee

why all the speculation on an imaginary take over..... its a spoof guys, get used to it. Its not gonna happen and never was.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast