+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

Do I think Mr Lee wants to buy the club and be happy to scratch around in the championship ?

Absolutely not , that doesn't make any sense , whilst the championship receives decent exposure from the media and Sky it pales into insignificance at the side of the PL and its global audience .

They've spotted a potential bargain here have the consortium , sitting one level below the PL , debt free , decent manager with a good track record and the potential to grow .

I don't know how much they would have to pay to buy an established PL such as Stoke City but I reckon it would be far greater than ourselves but in my opinion the price only tells half of the story as to why they want to acquire ourselves .

There's a potential story to be written here and the chance for the consortium to stamp their own mark on the club , drive it forward and reap their reward from the core business they have successfully made billions from .

The story of Chelsea in modern times is about Roman Abramovic , Ethihad write the Man City story , it goes hand in hand and without their ownership both Chelsea and City were nothing clubs who simply made up the numbers .

If the consortium take this club to the PL then they are receiving the global exposure and they will become synonymous with our success and their core businesses will receive the benefit too .

Personally I want restraint and a 3 to 5 year plan that is root and branched , I want the academy to grow alongside the general transfer activity , I want things done properly with long term benefits and I want to see benefits to the town's economy and for the consortium to reach out into the area and not just on Grove Street .

Ticket prices kept low and major improvements in food and drink and I want to see these new owners at meetings and forums listening and accountable , sending Hecky and the CEO to meetings isn't good enough .

Do not go for too much too soon , there's no rush here , positive progress , add to the squad by all means but let's spend wisely and not spend just because we can and it's headline grabbing .

Be aware that Nice and South Yorkshire are mars and venus and whilst you own both clubs what works at Nice doesn't mean it will work here .

Steady as you go Mr Lee , once we get a liking for the cut of your suit then you will not find a better people or club anywhere but don't feck us around , you've picked the wrong town for playing us for idiots .

Another brilliant and honest post animal exactly summing up what ever BFC fan wants and hopes will happen 👍👍👍

Fingers crossed! Evolution , not revolution!

The love of money is the root of all evil. Money has ----ed up football. The dream of clubs like Carlisle and Northampton rising to the top of a hierarchy has gone.

Av sed my piece on Mr Lee and the venture capitalism he represents. Dun't cum ruerrin to me when he's found art there are 18 other clubs in the Championship all using money to try to buy a place in the Premiership and success is not instant and he gets fed up of purrin brass in. A rough ride ahead.

I'll settle for still being in business and playing at Oakwell.
    I have my doubts.
    All that glistens is not gold.

Slow steady investment in line with ffp, increasing crowds and very modest st price increases. Rome wasn't built in a day but lasted a tad more than several seasons.
    New investors leaving the football side of things to they who know better and doing what they do best to improve our financial performance.

I'd like to see us play in Europe. Barcelona at home on a cold, crisp Yorkshire night. Listen we all have our dreams, I'll refrain from anymooar pie in the sky talk until I've heard what they have to say

Good post Animal
    Agree with Anstonred , evolution not revolution .

I'm still struggling to work out what they see in BFC. We're debt free and up until Xmas were pushing for the playoffs but if they think a little bit more in the players contract offers will guarantee that they stay here or we can attract new players by offering a couple of grand a week extra and that will get us promotion they're being naive beyond belief.

Desperation to get on the English football gravy train is more like it in my mind after getting turned away by 3 or 4 other clubs . They'd need to pump in serious money , millions and millions just to get us regarded as a top half Championship club in wages and if they did that we'd be struggling against ffp and depending how they gave money to the club putting the club at risk if they were loans against the club itself .

Money guarantees you nothing in football but does help but a club Barnsleys size could never compete with the big city clubs for wages and they've said they're not going to pump millions in so not sure what they expect us to achieve. Definitely nothing in the short term unless we had a freakish season like Huddersfield.

Look at the hundreds of millions spent by the likes of Wednesday, Villa and Wolves etc and they've got absolutely nowhere. If we offered Hourihane £15k a week to stay he'd have still gone to Villa for £30k. If we'd offered Winnall £12k to stay he'd have still gone to Wednesday for £18k. We might have kept Watkins and I few more meh players but nothing much else would have changed.

They're either a bit naive to think a tweak here and there will make us competitive or they could be thinking soon a Premier League 2 will happen and we could make that .

I'm struggling to see where they can take us though realistically, but something has to change at Oakwell due to circumstances so we may as well see what happens. I'm just hoping the club will be able to hold its own in this division but don't expect much else.

A word of warning for them though , Barnsley if they do well have the potential to add another 6k or 7k to home attendances but at the same time it's not a rich town. If they start putting prices up and say pay and we'll get you the players in most fans won't wear it like they have done at Sheff Wednesday. The football club has a name of rolling the big clubs over on a small budget with low ticket prices. If they bump the prices up it will turn fans away but there aren't many glory hunter fans ready to come in and take their seats.

I don't see them pumping big amounts in , they only have to look down Sheffield Road to see that doesn't work.

Most fans are at their limit already with what they think watching football is worth in money .

This club has the potential to get 20k+ home fans regular if top flight football was in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    This club has the potential to get 20k+ home fans regular if top flight football was in the mix

Yes agree , but people won't pay daft prices to try and get there

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast