+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

Without question Exile

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Exactly, something has to change. It's ok saying carry on as we are but owned by who and who would loan the 2-3million to the club the seasons when we've lost money like PC has.

As I understand it PC "guaranteed" the loan from the bank for instance of 1.980,000 or thereabouts in 2013/14
    The club was able to service the debt plus about £15000 interest for the bank loan so as I see it PC did not spend his own money but stood as guarantor [not quite the same is it]?
    Unless someone can correct me as it's just my take on the past

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Yes but PC wants to sell now so who buys the club off him to then keep running it how it is .
    Can't gi thi a name yet ESR. Wait till Mister Lee sells up and some financial salvage group may pick over the carcass or administrators may find a buyer before the club is wound up.

Please answer me a simple question ESR--

Why is Mister Lee buying Barnsley Football Club ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Can't gi thi a name yet ESR. Wait till Mister Lee sells up and some financial salvage group may pick over the carcass or administrators may find a buyer before the club is wound up.

To take us into the PL which will give himself and his core business massive worldwide exposure worth millions of pounds in increased revenue .

Certainly worth more than 31 acres of south yorkshire land that's for certain .

I've no idea SB , I've got plenty of reservations myself mate. He's been trying to buy numerous football clubs in the Championship and Premier Leagur , it could be that we're a foot in the door . The money will start to pour into the Championship soon like the premier league so there's an attraction. China is pushing its money men to invest in English football as well.

There's a lack of people interested in buying us , times running out for PC , a billionaire who owns another club comes sniffing around , we'd all do the same

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To take us into the PL which will give himself and his core business massive worldwide exposure worth millions of pounds in increased revenue .

Certainly worth more than 31 acres of south yorkshire land that's for certain .
    That'll be the same plan that 18 other rich owners have then. Good luck with that Hecky. Mister Lee not patient man.

Bear with me on this and I'm trying to look at it from another angle .

Let's say the NFL was watched in the UK by a TV audience of millions upon millions as the PL is in China and worldwide and Richard Branson bought the Miami Dolphins .

His Virgin brand would receive massive exposure because of the power of owning an NFL franchise .

Virgin and the Miami Dolphins would sit hand in hand and reach potential customers they normally wouldn't connect with .

Now the BFC brand in the championship to day isn't strong but it becomes transformed the moment it plays in the PL .

It's a bargain for Mr Lee and his consortium , yes they have to get the club promoted but that's reflected in the price he's probably paying .

A £100 million pound investment could yield three or four times that in new revenue for the consortium .

That'll be the same plan that 18 other rich owners have then. Good luck with that Hecky. Mister Lee not patient man.
    There's no guarantees that's for sure but they are significantly increased if you have a good HC and a far bigger budget .

What's the plan if we go down?
    From what I saw on Saturday that's a real possibility. Two very poor tems that will struggle.
    Transfer window not until Jan, and many bigger & better teams than us have gone down even with investment.
    A couple of weeks ago most people thought staying up would be an achievement.
    Have I missed some major signings that have changed all that?
    It would take considerable investment and, more importantly, time to reach the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    What's the plan if we go down?
    From what I saw on Saturday that's a real possibility. Two very poor tems that will struggle.
    Transfer window not until Jan, and many bigger & better teams than us have gone down even with investment.
    A couple of weeks ago most people thought staying up would be an achievement.
    Have I missed some major signings that have changed all that?
    It would take considerable investment and, more importantly, time to reach the promised land.
    What was the plan were we relegated under the present ownership ?

The plan under the new owners I would expect will be to offer funds in January to Hecky in line with our league postion , possibly substantial by our standards if we are struggling or well placed and fairly moderate if we are comfortably in mid table .

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast