+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRN BRU CUP 3rd draw Tues Afternoon

IRN BRU CUP 3rd draw Tues Afternoon

Montrose
    Dunfermline
    Stranraer
    Crusaders
    Dumbarton
    Dundee United
    ICT
    Cove Rangers
    St.Mirren
    Peterhead
    Falkirk
    Raith Rovers
    The New Saints
    Elgin City
    Linfield
    Who do you want and where ?

Elgin away. Would complete my visits to all SPFL grounds.

Stranraer at Palmerston.

Elgin away also.That would leave me Just Hearts and Aberdeen to visit.(although I have passed by both grounds!)Elgin I have never visited at all.

Elgin or Montrose away but would not be disappointed if we get a home game against anyone with all the away games we been having plus the week before this cup game is Inverness away.

At the moment we have 5 out of 6 away so it could be 6 out of 7 if we get a away match from the draw.

26 Aug - Falkirk
    2 Sep - Berwick Rangers
    9 Sep - Livingston
    16 Sep - Morton (the only home game)
    24 Sep - St Mirren
    30 Sep - Inverness
    7 Oct - Irn Bru Cup R3

So it's Montrose away. Happy enough with that as although I've been there it's one of 4 grounds I haven't seen Queens at.

Never been to the Gable Endies Links Park either. They defeated Ayr United on penalties after a 1-1 draw after extra time at Somerset Park in the last round.

I can't complain with this draw as it's another new ground for me.
    Having a quick look online I found that the last time we played them was 8th January 2005 when we beat them 2-1 away.
    Willie Gibson scored that day which I think was his only goal for Queens in his first spell with us.

Montrose have made a good start in league 2 and put out FT Ayr on pens aet in last round . This is not a good tie for our faithful fans as it's a long journey , however , on the plus side , we should have far too much fire power for them .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 05-09-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    I can't complain with this draw as it's another new ground for me.
    Having a quick look online I found that the last time we played them was 8th January 2005 when we beat them 2-1 away.
    Willie Gibson scored that day which I think was his only goal for Queens in his first spell with us.
    Yes Oor Wullie scored 1 of his only 3 goals for Queens that day (Scottish Cup round 3) with the Tan Man getting the other. Wee Burnsy and Ritchie Barnard were in the Doonhamers squad and by coincidence just today have been called into the Scottish Junior team while £30,000 (allegedly) flop ex - QOS keeper Jim Butter was in the Montrose team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)