+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRN BRU CUP 3rd draw Tues Afternoon

The goal that Gibson scored was a cracker that day.Pat Nevin on Scotsport gave it glowing praise saying it was one of the best "technical" goals he had seen as he hit the ball with his "wrong" foot.

Also of note that day was the weather.The Carlisle floods also the Whitesands flooded.Most of the journey up until Perth the whole country was soaked in a monsoon.Worries all the way up as to wether the game was in doubt.However apart from a brisk wind and a few showers there was nothing at all to worry about.Only when we arrived back home we saw the damage done to the poor buggers in Carlisle and elsewhere.

According to young Scott Hooper, Montrose are a very well organised side, - so Queens cannot take anything for granted.

I'm very disappointed that it is another away tie, - as Queens don't seem to be at home very much at all!

Another trip to Angus.

Reminds me of a remarkable match there in 1991 - a cup match I think which finished 7-4 to Queens aet - Jimmy Robertson amongst the goals

last time i was up there ,bomber harris scored an amazing hatrick two of them quality free kicks after i think it was we were something like 3-0 down and won the game ,john mclaren im sure also scored for queens that day . im sure it was aroung 95-96 season i think .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 05-09-2017 at 05:26 PM.

just checked it up we won 4-1 that day ,the bomber harris show .

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Reminds me of a remarkable match there in 1991 - a cup match I think which finished 7-4 to Queens aet - Jimmy Robertson amongst the goals
    Yes Shanty 3 -
    3 at full time then another 5 goals in extra time. Scorers were JR 1, Andy Thomson 2 and flying winger Jimmy McGuire FOUR

Queens must have been knackered as only 4 days later they were back up in the same neck of the woods and got thumped 7 - 1 by Brechin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)