+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team and tactics for Sunday..?

Question Team and tactics for Sunday..?

Be nice to earn three points off the Palace on Sunday, your team selections, please?

Mine: 4-4-2
    HEATON
    LOWTON, MEE, TARKOWSKI, WARD
    GUDMUNDSSON, DEFOUR, CORK, BRADY,
    VOKES, WOOD.

Heaton,
    Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Ward,
    Arfield, Defour, Cork, Brady,
    Hendrick,(Hopefully he's fit)
    Vokes,

Mr Dyche does not like change.

Quote Originally Posted by SERVERNOTRESPONDING View Post
    Heaton,
    Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Ward,
    Arfield, Defour, Cork, Brady,
    Hendrick,(Hopefully he's fit)
    Vokes,

Mr Dyche does not like change.
    It's good that we have options though Server?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Be nice to earn three points off the Palace on Sunday, your team selections, please?

Mine: 4-4-2
    HEATON
    LOWTON, MEE, TARKOWSKI, WARD
    GUDMUNDSSON, DEFOUR, CORK, BRADY,
    VOKES, WOOD.
    Almost picks itself but I doubt we will start of with two forwards.

For a blue-sky approach wouldn't it be really nice, playing at home to a team that hasn't got a start, to play 4-3-3 or even better 3-4-1-2.

In the last formation, with what we have, that would mean Tark or Lowton out of the back 4 and taking a chance with
    Barnes just behind the front two of Vokes and Wood.

I would constantly push up high and condense the field to just their half.

Give them something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's good that we have options though Server?
    Very true and a lot more than we have ever been used to. Life's good being a claret nowadays.

He started Arfield in place of Hendrick last time, he's a creature of habit is Sean, I expect it'll be Arfield again if Hendrick doesn't make it.

I have lost confidence in GUDMUNDSSON.

He started slowly last season, was just running into some sort of form when he got injured. He came back from injury and the same thing happened again. I think he might need a run of games to show his true worth, but if he's still misfiring after another 4/5games, then I'll be losing confidence in him as well.

Don't mind him - he does have it in his locker.

I'd like to see our wide men go past full backs and centre backs and deliver ball for Vokes and or Woods
    Who need that sort of service.
    I know a lot on here didn't want Wells but I'm interested to see how we use him , because that is the way he plays
    In behind --- personally I think his movement and mobility is far superior to Grays ( and touch watching him), so I'm looking forward
    When he's fit to his inclusion to see if Sean can get the best out of him.
    A lot worry about if he can do it at Premiership level but there is no substitute for pace - and in truth that's all Gray had.

Arfield is not the answer.

Wells at £5 million is worth the gamble. If he comes good - brilliant - if he doesn't sell him on. Two of my Yorkshire mates say we have nicked him at £5 million and goals will flood in.

Interestingly, they both said Wood and Wells would be in their White Rose dream team!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)