+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next 4 games should tell a lot.....

Next 4 games should tell a lot.....

Bury, Walsall and Oldham hardly setting the league on fire and then throw in Bradford who seem to have set off ok and we have a decent opportunity to add to the points tally.

Keep Wood in the back four irrespective of what some might think and he'll steady the back line as proven last Sunday.

Problem for us is up front and who to partner Moore with. Providing Ball came through the reserve game okay today then I can see it being him albeit he's hardly match fit. Other option is JCH whom I feel we have seen the best of and it's only a matter of time before he's shipped out come the next loan window or dropped altogether.

We seemed to run out of ideas and looked leggy in the second half at Pompey so a few players may be rested and others thrown in to prove their worth. Another win and confidence will grow throughout the team, we need to show some patience though.

Would like to see Towell given a start or what's the point in bringing him in? How about he starts and Frecks comes on second half if required? Easy MMM it's not another dig at Frecks

After these 4 have been played then a clearer picture will emerge and hopefully it's not shouts for Warne's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bury, Walsall and Oldham hardly setting the league on fire and then throw in Bradford who seem to have set off ok and we have a decent opportunity to add to the points tally.

Keep Wood in the back four irrespective of what some might think and he'll steady the back line as proven last Sunday.

Problem for us is up front and who to partner Moore with. Providing Ball came through the reserve game okay today then I can see it being him albeit he's hardly match fit. Other option is JCH whom I feel we have seen the best of and it's only a matter of time before he's shipped out come the next loan window or dropped altogether.

We seemed to run out of ideas and looked leggy in the second half at Pompey so a few players may be rested and others thrown in to prove their worth. Another win and confidence will grow throughout the team, we need to show some patience though.

Would like to see Towell given a start or what's the point in bringing him in? How about he starts and Frecks comes on second half if required? Easy MMM it's not another dig at Frecks

After these 4 have been played then a clearer picture will emerge and hopefully it's not shouts for Warne's head.
    Back in the corner fella..... we gotta start Frecks, simple, chuck the towell in after 60/70...great replacement for a tiring Frecks to boost the midfield, same back four is a given, maybe give Ball a whack in a 4 4 2 UTM!

Frecks must start. He played well at Pompey and so did Potter.
    If Ball isn't fully fit I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor played off Moore with Newell on the left and Vaulks dropping to the bench.

If Warney isn't going to be playing JCH (which looks like he isn't, should have come on to help Moore out or sub for Moore at Pompey imo) then what about Vaulks up front with Moore, might do good there.

We could stick Yates there who imo is a Derbyshire type of player and should not be put out wide whatsoever Warney.

Anyway if Ball is ok then he'll start.

I've said before (yes Gwru has too) an old head is needed, Wood if isn't starting should be on bench depending who we are playing
    Last edited by millertop; 06-09-2017 at 07:09 AM.

I don't think the next 4 matches will tell us anything other than.

1. Will be able to create as many chances without proctor, can we rebalance the side now he's missing.
    2. Should we abandon 2 up front to give more protection to the back 4
    3. Who are our best 4 defenders? ... how many teams have used as many as ourselves in just a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

1. Will be able to create as many chances without proctor, can we rebalance the side now he's missing.
    3. Who are our best 4 defenders? ... how many teams have used as many as ourselves in just a few games.
    Point 3.... other than Wood coming in, I think that the changes in defence in the league games have been enforced by injuries. Ihiekwe has looked to be our best defender so far. Cummings, considering he didn't have a proper pre-season, looks like he could establish himself at right back. Not sure about the rest yet. Wood played well at Portsmouth, but will he keep up that standard over a longer period?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

So if we lose the next 4 games it doesn't mean we are rubbish?

Lose to Bury bottom of the table who are without a win all season states a lot I feel.

The other two are also below us in the league and even though it's early doors regarding the season, this is where we should be pushing on and looking to break into the top 6.

Bradford will be the sternest test. A team we always seem to beat home and away but one that may well turn out much more difficult this season.

We must make NYS a fortress.I hope Warney gives the new keeper the shirt and also keeps Wood.He is a leader and can give that stability at the back.Cummings looks a decent player and he should stay in the team.Six points are achievable so come on you Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We must make NYS a fortress.I hope Warney gives the new keeper the shirt and also keeps Wood.He is a leader and can give that stability at the back.Cummings looks a decent player and he should stay in the team.Six points are achievable so come on you Reds.
    "We must make NYS a fortress". That's the fifth****th time someone has said that on MM since we moved in and it's still just banal crap. If this is representative of your idea of an interesting football comment give me OT every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So if we lose the next 4 games it doesn't mean we are rubbish?

Lose to Bury bottom of the table who are without a win all season states a lot I feel.

The other two are also below us in the league and even though it's early doors regarding the season, this is where we should be pushing on and looking to break into the top 6.

Bradford will be the sternest test. A team we always seem to beat home and away but one that may well turn out much more difficult this season.
    It will tell me we are rubbish if we lose next 4 games, yes I'm not getting excited about the Bradford game like I normally would

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast