+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next 4 games should tell a lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So if we lose the next 4 games it doesn't mean we are rubbish?

Lose to Bury bottom of the table who are without a win all season states a lot I feel.

The other two are also below us in the league and even though it's early doors regarding the season, this is where we should be pushing on and looking to break into the top 6.

Bradford will be the sternest test. A team we always seem to beat home and away but one that may well turn out much more difficult this season.
    It's still early days yet Brin, may need another 10 games for the team to peak.

Out of the 4 games we have next 2 wins, 1draw, 1 defeat would be a great return, or even 2 wins and 2 defeats.

We are nowhere near good enough for the top 6 YET, so let's be patient

It's just fingers crossed and hoping..if we finish above halfway warney will have done very well to say we're scrimping on players and taking loan players etc..any team with any real intent would have gone straight out for a replacement for proctor...but not us..."we must get value for money "..

Drop o'donnel just not good enough, stick with Woods, play 442 chuck Ball up front with Moore. Hope Williams is fit. Come on you reeeddddssss. Feeling optimistic. UTM!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It will tell me we are rubbish if we lose next 4 games, yes I'm not getting excited about the Bradford game like I normally would
    I take that back... I'm now excited for the Bradford game

What's it telling us up to now Brin

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I don't think the next 4 matches will tell us anything other than.

1. Will be able to create as many chances without proctor, can we rebalance the side now he's missing.
    2. Should we abandon 2 up front to give more protection to the back 4
    3. Who are our best 4 defenders? ... how many teams have used as many as ourselves in just a few games.
    Good call gm.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I take that back... I'm now excited for the Bradford game

What's it telling us up to now Brin
    Millertop ....it's telling us we have the strength in depth as proven last night but more over the fact we have gelled 3 on the trot speaks volumes.

I said rest Frecks, he must have been reading my posts on his recent performances and thought I'll show that Brin!

Boy did he do well and nice to see him back to his best, as last night was a cameo and 100% all round performance.

Of the four teams I mentioned, last night Bradford grabbed a last minute draw and Oldham bagged a late winner against Donny so likewise they will feel buoyed. Further points available from these two?

I had the notion that if we failed against Bury or Walsall then our season was going to be a long drawn out affair but, after last nights performance and with it being three on the trot, then things are certainly on the up.

Bradford- I think Warne and the fans would take a draw and obviously a win would be in dreamland. A loss wouldn't be a disaster but it will mean we had lost to three of the top six so, things may show we are not yet ready to make a fist of hitting the play offs just yet. Early days so plenty to play for as they say.

Teamwise, it appears EVERYONE is pulling their weight which is both refreshing and positive. UTM!

Funny enough Brin I was thinking has Frecks heard or seen something and thought that's it I'll show them

He certainly had his weetabix before that game

Against CTMilller's advice I eat Weetabix nearly every day and I've never made a run like Frecklington did for that last goal so it must have been Brin's words that drove him on

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Against CTMilller's advice I eat Weetabix nearly every day and I've never made a run like Frecklington did for that last goal so it must have been Brin's words that drove him on
    Well true Cam , I had weetabix this morning and didn't get very far, I'll stick with toast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12