+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 60.000 seater stadia planned for VP

60.000 seater stadia planned for VP

Can't load the article but Wyness has revieled plans to redevelop VP once we are back in the premiership with a new North stand, Douglas Ellis and Holte End add ons

Thoughts

Yeah saw that Dave. I’m not sure what to make of it mate, Personally I would NOT like the corners to be filled in, making it like nearly every other toilet bowl of a ground; The Armatage Shanks Arena.
    The North Stand is well overdue a makeover, preferably involving a wrecking ball and dynamite. Maybe they’re gonna make all the tiers and roofs line up.
    I was hugely disappointed when the Holte was rebuilt with two tiers, maybe knock it down and build a massive single tier job.
    Then we come to the ‘Field of Dreams’ moment regarding the 60,000 seater bit. Now I’ve been in VP many a time with 50,000+ back in the day, but I’d question whether or not a 60+ would be full, week in week out. We can’t manage now with the upper Trinity closed, bar xmas fixtures and the noses.
    Midlanders just don’t attend live sport anymore, as all the local clubs are failing to fill their grounds on a regular basis. The area has ONE prem team and despite low ticket prices and regular top premier visitors, they never use the ‘Sold Out’ signs. Edgbaston is a ghost town apart from the T20 finals and the odd test match. Athletics up the road at the Alexander Stadium has more competitors than spectators. Mosely RUFC? again more players than fans.
    Now I admit if regular Champions League footy and the odd title winning team might go along way to filling it, but come on, that aint gonna happen is it? The Arabs and Ruskies have killed footy, and the chinese, well, they’ll be off out of footy once their World Cup bid (or tournament) and super league are seriously up and running.

Ps hope this link works: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...vides-13578338
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 06-09-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Maybe Dr Xia has an idea to fill the stadium with 15000 Chinese tourists every match?

Half full ground my lord, half full ground.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Half full ground my lord, half full ground.

Yes but maybe he has a cunning plan? Lower seat pricing drastically, involve the family especially the young ones, 2 for 1 who getting 60k down VP and selling MERCHANDISE is the way to, you know, The Brand!!!

Match day ticket 20 pounds Home shirt 55$

Program + Food +Drink + Car parking + special train fares etc another 30$

30$ times 60,000 = 1.8 million$ per game x 19 home games = 34.2 m$
    Sorry my pound key does not work

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)