+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terregles Street Murals

Terregles Street Murals

Pie and Bovril forum saying that one of the murals has been damaged again. They did have perspex over them a good while back. I have taken photos a few months ago of them all. The artist must be devastated after the work involved. They should be moved to the Arena for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Pie and Bovril forum saying that one of the murals has been damaged again. They did have perspex over them a good while back. I have taken photos a few months ago of them all. The artist must be devastated after the work involved. They should be moved to the Arena for safety.
    Can't recall Perspex ever been placed over them !

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The murals were painted on to a plywood base and assumed sealed with an acrylic paint. I had my concerns at the time on how the murals would stand up to the weather and one punter suggested that covers shuld be fitted but not Perspex. There are other murals at the front of the West Stand which are also giving cause for concern.

I have suggested to Colin the Queen's photographer Colin to take images of the murals before they are lost forever.

Name:  IMG-20170906-WA0000.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  94.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Name:  IMG-20170906-WA0000.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  94.7 KB
    Mark Jardine who I think commissioned the murals at Palmy has a letter about the wanton, childish vandalism
    in today's D and G Standard.

Name:  IMG-20170906-WA0001.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  102.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    It must have been covers of some description as intimated.

Totally disgusted with this vandelism, but not surprised. Not much you can do except install of a WiFi CCTV , not that expensive. I suggested ages ago about putting up polycarbonate sheets , similar to perpex. Sealed around then secured with tamperproof screws. Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    It must have been covers of some description as intimated.

Nope , never been covered

The plan is to use polycarbonated sheets as per Aljards' suggestion, - but it will take a long time to sort that out.

If the youngsters who caused the damage are genuinely sorry, then they (or their parents and guardians) should be willing to accept their punishment. I'd be delighted to accept a cheque payable to (The People's Project) or for the kids to carry out the 80 hours community service at Palmerston, - as per my letter.

If I'd done anything like that at 14 years of age, I'd have had a slap round the head from the polis, - marched to my father who would have hammered me black and blue, (as would my grandfather who was a boxer in the army in the First World War, - despite being well over 80 in the mid 1970's!) made to not only clear up Palmerston for the rest of the season, but I'd also have been forced to repay the damage - even if it took me 5 years!

Sounds like a "you were lucky" sketch, (....someone else adds...."you were lucky......I'd have been forced to lick Plamerston clean with my tongue!") - but we are too soft nowadays (although clearly the physical punishment belongs in a different era) and the bottom line is this; those kids will be worse off if they don't attempt to make amends for THEIR actions.

So if you are out their and you're man enough, - come on lads let's be hearing from you!
    Last edited by jardi; 07-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)