+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: O/T ***ual Abuse Scandal - total disgrace

Monty.....peace and vegetable rights maaan!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    There can only be prosecutions if there is evidence of the commission of a criminal offence. Being incompetent or negligent is generally not a criminal matter (outside of road traffic law, health and safety or manslaughter).

To state the obvious, signatures on a petiion or a belief in a whitewash are not evidence.
    Who carried out the investigations Kerr?

The IPCC are investigating the police, gm. Who else would?

I'm not sure what investigations have or are being made into the actions of the Council.

The point I'm making is that if you or anyone else has evidence of actual wrong doing by named individuals then you need to report that rather than sign petitions.

I'm not sure what investigations have or are being made into the actions of the Council.

The point I'm making is that if you or anyone else has evidence of actual wrong doing by named individuals then you need to report that rather than sign petitions.
    Just out of interest, why were the likes of Stone, Wright and Thacker allowed to decline to take part into the investigation into their negligence throughout this sorry mess?
    That seems like a ludicrous situation and an insult to the victims of the crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest, why were the likes of Stone, Wright and Thacker allowed to decline to take part into the investigation into their negligence throughout this sorry mess?
    That seems like a ludicrous situation and an insult to the victims of the crimes.
    I think because it's not a criminal investigation as such, so it's a voluntary thing...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I think because it's not a criminal investigation as such, so it's a voluntary thing...
    Thanks MMM. In which case we have the nub of the problem and the investigation was an utterly pointless waste of time and money. Grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thanks MMM. In which case we have the nub of the problem and the investigation was an utterly pointless waste of time and money. Grrrrr!
    Seems that way to me also, i understand the need to bottom out the issues, to find the real problems so we can deal with them and stop them happening again, but apparently there's a couple more investigations ready to be published...surely there should be one main one with the criminal one to run alongside it?

I was interested to know who has carried out any investigations in relation the the council staff, it seems they all declined to attend such meetings, but not sure who with.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I was interested to know who has carried out any investigations in relation the the council staff, it seems they all declined to attend such meetings, but not sure who with.
    gm_gm the investigation into the council was carried out by the law firm Gowlings.
    I would recommend that you get a copy of the Advertiser as it contains some excellent articles about the whole process.
    Any right thinking person must feel that things can't just be left like this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...source=twitter

This is disgraceful. Another example of the British established forces of law and order think of the victims.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast