+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T ***ual Abuse Scandal - total disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    Yes, lets get rid of anyone with a flat cap and whippet.
    Can be nasty them whippets, particularly if you're a rabbit...

Very disappointing, the victims have been failed again. Lets wait now to see if the police get off scott free.

Still over 100 *****s out there as well according to police / Jay...all gone quiet

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Very disappointing, the victims have been failed again. Lets wait now to see if the police get off scott free.

Still over 100 *****s out there as well according to police / Jay...all gone quiet
    I replied to a tweet by SYP, which was calling for openness and help from the community for any signs of this, i basically asked them about the 35+ officers still under investigation...here's the link they sent me...https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/ipcc-be...investigations

So, from that, 9 investigations have been completed...no other action taken.......a further 53 are ongoing...i'll not hold my breath

I didn't see the findings covered on the BBC at tea time but the ITV Calander ran something. I didn't see Channel 4 coever th story but Channel 5s coverage and interview of the new leader was I though a very good interview.

Chris Read said that it was wrong for the former councillors not answer questions for the report. There was nothing more anyone could do and the report was commitioned by the former leader.

Hats off to him for the way he handled the questions with honesty and dignaty. He seems to be a good man running the council.

Look what they've "accidentally" found:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/missin...lice-1-8740902

Rotherham must surely be the most corrupt place in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Look what they've "accidentally" found:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/missin...lice-1-8740902

Rotherham must surely be the most corrupt place in the country.
    threes a good 30 years of corruption which will all go unanswered

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Isn't there some more investigations due to be published shortly? I know that there's still quite a number of Police officer's still being investigated (though the investigations completed upto yet have found no wrongdoing ... Police officer's being investigated by Police officers.....) I do know that the ex council leader Stone and the ex child protection officer(yeh, right) Shaun Wright refused to give evidence in this enquiry....
    What about that arrogant woman Joyce Thacker? She was heavily implicated in the scandal but is currently enjoying a fat pension. There's justice for you 😠
    Just out of interest, does anyone know what would happen if public outcry led to a petition demanding further action, assuming it received the required number of signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    What about that arrogant woman Joyce Thacker? She was heavily implicated in the scandal but is currently enjoying a fat pension. There's justice for you ��
    Just out of interest, does anyone know what would happen if public outcry led to a petition demanding further action, assuming it received the required number of signatures.
    Yeh, i think she was close to many of the decisions....as far as petitions goes, i think you need 100K for the matter to be considered for debate in the HoC...even then it's at the discretion of some civil servant....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Yeh, i think she was close to many of the decisions....as far as petitions goes, i think you need 100K for the matter to be considered for debate in the HoC...even then it's at the discretion of some civil servant....
    Yes the requirement is 100k. It would be interesting to see how many Rotherham people care enough to demand action against the people who were heavily implicated in the biggest scandal to ever hit our town.

Well, it wouldn't have to be just Rotherham folk, i think you'd struggle to get 100K from Rotherham, despite the seriousness, difficult to get folk to actually DO summat in reality.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast