+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T No more politics !!!!!!! This is a football board.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I tend to agree but the easy answer is just don't read the political threads.
    I do think, however, that all O/T posts should be kept totally separate from the football ones. They are on most other clubs' message boards so I'm guessing it's something the mods could easily sort out for ours.
    That is 100% absolutely bang on.

There should be a separate section, but I suppose they can’t be arsed to organise it.

Just change the heading on the Internet Millers section, it’s not been used for years now.

Quick glance shows about 20% of posts are O/T of which less than half are political (3 in the last 40 if you count the 11/11 thread). Only site editors have control over message boards set up and naming and we don't have one.

PS The above figures don't include Pocket rocket's O/T thread that wasn't O/T

The thing is the political threads are utterly pointless because nobody changes their view because of them are Millmoor Lane or Animallittle suddenly going to become disciples of May because of something GMGM or Grist say or are GMGM or Grist going to become disciples of Corbyn because of something that Millmoor Lane or Animallittle say?

Not on your life they are still going to believe what they believed before reading the thread in question.

It is utterly pointless debating politics or religion because generally nobody changes their views as a result of these debates we just have boring threads where people insult each other because they've no intention of listening to or acknowledging any alternative views or opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Quick glance shows about 20% of posts are O/T of which less than half are political (3 in the last 40 if you count the 11/11 thread). Only site editors have control over message boards set up and naming and we don't have one.

PS The above figures don't include Pocket rocket's O/T thread that wasn't O/T
    In my defence it meant on toilet 😆

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    The thing is the political threads are utterly pointless because nobody changes their view because of them are Millmoor Lane or Animallittle suddenly going to become disciples of May because of something GMGM or Grist say or are GMGM or Grist going to become disciples of Corbyn because of something that Millmoor Lane or Animallittle say?

Not on your life they are still going to believe what they believed before reading the thread in question.

It is utterly pointless debating politics or religion because generally nobody changes their views as a result of these debates we just have boring threads where people insult each other because they've no intention of listening to or acknowledging any alternative views or opinions.
    To be honest that's not really what it's about, if i think someone is wrong, on an O/T thread, then i'll say so, what's wrong with that, why have you got an issue with poster's agreeing/disagreeing and having a debate, whether anyone takes any notice is up to them surely, why are you trying to police something you don't have to police?
    As i've said earlier, just don't read them, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Why are these clueless sad people allowed to come on this FOOTBALL message board? It is the main reason, fans have turned their back on this site.It is always the same twisted band of misfits, who come on with their sick poisonous comments.Just go away and upset somebody else.
    O/T had nothing to do with people leaving this site. Anyone with half a brain cell understands what to do with O/T threads, read em or don't, the choice is yours.

If the reason for people leaving was anything other than boredom, lads getting birds, sadly people getting ill or passing or just generally finding more enjoyable things to do. It was adverts, multis, abuse and cliques, not necessarily in that order that played the biggest part in people leaving this site.

An ex mod played a part too in my opinion.

Having said all that, this site is still healthy enough compared with many others, certainly Rufc related.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    This has always been one of the busier message boards, particularly so for the size of the club. Perhaps the eclectic mix of topics is why it's so successful and why so many check in each day? There's usually something interesting whether footy related or not. And less politics and "boring stuff" might mean less footy stuff as well?

Personally, I usually check out the board at some point each day but rarely post. Others seem to spend half their waking hours on here! Each to their own I suppose but the wind up merchants/self declared intellectuals who are on here several times every day are a strange lot. Why any "intelligent" person would need daily gratification in winding up and baiting "the lower orders" is a puzzle indeed.
    Thanks Redsank. That's one of the best posts I've read for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That is 100% absolutely bang on.

There should be a separate section, but I suppose they can’t be arsed to organise it.

Just change the heading on the Internet Millers section, it’s not been used for years now.
    I've just had a look to see if it could be done. Unfortunately unless we use one of the existing board such as the Internet Millers or the Prediction League then it isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    To be honest that's not really what it's about, if i think someone is wrong, on an O/T thread, then i'll say so, what's wrong with that, why have you got an issue with poster's agreeing/disagreeing and having a debate, whether anyone takes any notice is up to them surely, why are you trying to police something you don't have to police?
    As i've said earlier, just don't read them, simple.
    You think everyone is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I've just had a look to see if it could be done. Unfortunately unless we use one of the existing board such as the Internet Millers or the Prediction League then it isn't possible.
    Well that's the answer then isn't it?

Internet Millers Board hasn't been used since October 2015 and as far as I know the team isn't active anymore.

So why have a defunct section when there's a real need to separate the O/T stuff away from the football discussions?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast