+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne eyes free-agent striker

Warne eyes free-agent striker

DB anyone....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    DB anyone....
    I'd like to think we've learned that very expensive lesson by now....... however I'd also like to think we'll win the Champions league one day

Luckily , most of the ex-Premier League wasters will be way beyond our wage range now... so we're probably looking for an unijured Championship/League 1 player who has previously fallen out with their club manager... still rather risky though, BUT I think that we should try to sign somebody. We could look abroad? (forget Scotland)

Blackstock again advertised has a free agent, Also Leon Best another one with out a club, Mick McCarthy let Best go from Ipswich after the player wasn't up to his standard.

If we could get Leon Best on a short term, or pay-as-you-play, contract, it might not be a bad thing. I've no idea about his state of fitness though.... or am I just looking through rose-tinted glasses after that performance at Franchise at the end of the 2015/16 season , which was instrumental in keeping us up ?

Additional - just checked .... he had more injury problems at Ipswich, so maybe not a good idea
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-09-2017 at 05:28 PM.

There are reasons why they are free agents, often crocked or 'attitude', but wouldn't rule everyone out, so long as the club has learned lessons over Blackstock.

If its a free agent its probably someone made of glass. I reckon it could be ex miller Will Hoskins.
    Last edited by Adventus2012; 07-09-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Rickie Lambert would be a nice signing imo.

.....is Becchio available 😉

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast