+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FAO Mods

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    The site seems in very rude health, Frog, but the point you make in your second sentence is sadly true. I have argued many times that the root cause of the intolerance is anonimity. I don't like it, I don't agree with it and I go on many forums where your real name and email address is displayed. If you use a false one and it's discovered it's a lifetime ban.
    I get your point monty. To do that would have have to be a rule change by FootyMad.

I have met many people from this board. I have had VespaBri and his family over to stay with us. I have met Brin who worked with my dad for ashort period and oddly had a man crush on him.
    Once I brought over 5 French guys to watch a match at The NYS. We all wore red berrets to be easily identified. The first person we met was Scum for breakfast and the day was brilliant. Gmgm met us and was wearing a top of the market red berret (he is class).
    Everyone we met were warm and friendly towards us and I always try and meet up with folk when I'm over.
    Perigord and I have become friends and we often stay at each others place and drink lots and annoy the wives at every opertunity.
    This board is better for me knowing people but I do try to be fare. The people that I don't know don't always think so but then don't put themselves in my position.

I do miss some of the old gaurd from this board. Some who have just moved on in their lives. People like Poddington, Keswickmiller, clar and so on. They may look in and read but I'm sure that they see things written and won't want to contribute to a thread because they can see that they'll turn into slagging matches.

I don't read all the O/T threads but some of them are interesting, some are like gang warfare and some good topics just drift down the board without many posts.

Frog I personally don't see some of the rudeness on here to be playful at all and even if it is like I said before it can be really hard to tell if it's being playful or not without seeing someone's face. When I call my mates a dumb ass I'm usaly laughing while I say it same when they do it to me. On internet you don't get that at all so it's really hard to tell if someone's being a dick or a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Frog I personally don't see some of the rudeness on here to be playful at all and even if it is like I said before it can be really hard to tell if it's being playful or not without seeing someone's face. When I call my mates a dumb ass I'm usaly laughing while I say it same when they do it to me. On internet you don't get that at all so it's really hard to tell if someone's being a dick or a dude.
    Silly, I wouldn't call you anything until I know you better. You certainly don't come across as someone I could tell to **** off in a post in jest where as I would others. Over a long period of time you can see what mood someone is in by reading their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Luckily no mt as I'm on the West coast. Sota is the only Miller I know of in Florida and from what I see it looks like most of that state will be impacted in some way, even if he's not where the direct hit comes. Lets hope he's safe.
    Irma's path has shifted and Sarasota is now expected to take a direct hit

Irma's path has shifted and Sarasota is now expected to take a direct hit
    It all depends which forcast you watch CAM. The european or the US. Both paths are about 20 miles apart. Regardless mate stay safe and keep in touch

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It all depends which forcast you watch CAM. The european or the US. Both paths are about 20 miles apart. Regardless mate stay safe and keep in touch
    I'm OK as I'm 2500 miles away but Sota is in the midst of it all.

I've had it on CNN aparently it's not fake news there.

Six months ago I was green with envy at Sota's location.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I am still confused....

Is calling someone a wan..ker perfectly acceptable on here or does it depend on whether the abuser is in a clique with the mods or not?
    Goodness, what a precious and sensitive soul you are you complete rrse. If you had any wit or intelligence, if you ever read a book, you would know that in modern usage "w.anker" means a disagreeable person, someone who is immature, unpleasant and a right royal pain in the rrse. Fits you to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Goodness, what a precious and sensitive soul you are you complete rrse. If you had any wit or intelligence, if you ever read a book, you would know that in modern usage "w.anker" means a disagreeable person, someone who is immature, unpleasant and a right royal pain in the rrse. Fits you to a tee.
    Thank you..

What a charmer you are.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast