+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If McKinnon Goes/Gets Sacked Who Is Next?

If McKinnon Goes/Gets Sacked Who Is Next?

Most are in agreement about McKinnon.

Dire football, suspect tactics, suspect selections. That’s all been well argued on other threads.

So I’m wondering who the realistic candidates to replace are?

For me I reckon we are looking at unemployed managers as we’ll surely never afford to pay off McKinnon then pay compo for a new manager.

Slim pickings. Looking at the Terry Butchers of this world, maybe Billy Davies if we can afford him.

At least Davies would want to grab the whole football setup by the scruff of the neck and revamp.

So folks. What’s our realistic options?

As much as Ray might rightly deserve the heave, I am not in favour of this until the far greater need is addressed, and that is the complete evacuation of the Thompson regime from Tannadice. Until that happens it is pointless looking for another manager who fits in with Stevie's ideal.

Keep Ray. He just might help us address the Thompson issue before long. Focusing on and sacking the manager just allows the manager to be Stevie's scapegoat.

I'd take John Hughes or Owen Coyle

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    As much as Ray might rightly deserve the heave, I am not in favour of this until the far greater need is addressed, and that is the complete evacuation of the Thompson regime from Tannadice. Until that happens it is pointless looking for another manager who fits in with Stevie's ideal.

Keep Ray. He just might help us address the Thompson issue before long. Focusing on and sacking the manager just allows the manager to be Stevie's scapegoat.
    Theres no chance ST is going anywhere, who on earth would pay for his room in the Old Course?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Theres no chance ST is going anywhere, who on earth would pay for his room in the Old Course?

I suspect this sort of thing has a lot to do with it. Despite his statements to the effect he is more than willing to sell, I suspect he really is not inclined to do so unless he gets an OTT offer. United are providing him a a cash cow as long as he is at the helm. Once that is surrendered, where does he go? Certainly not the Old Course Hotel with all its 'privileges.' Mark my words, he is heading for his 'downfall,' the pity is he might take United with him?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I'd take John Hughes or Owen Coyle
    Two good shouts I’d say.

Hughes is a positive character. A breath of fresh air. Fresh set of eyes.

Coyle experienced a very good managerial level. Ex players managing United give me the fear though. Always seem to fail. Maybe too much added pressure what with their connection? Who knows. But you would hope a candidate of Coyle’s calibre would be possible.

hughes for me i think he would tell thomson stay away from football matters and go play at dock st lol

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Two good shouts I’d say.

Hughes is a positive character. A breath of fresh air. Fresh set of eyes.

Coyle experienced a very good managerial level. Ex players managing United give me the fear though. Always seem to fail. Maybe too much added pressure what with their connection? Who knows. But you would hope a candidate of Coyle’s calibre would be possible.
    Aye ex players returning never usually work for us sadly... has to be one one day

Is that the same John Hughes who kicked his toys oot the pram at Inverness, allegedly lost the dressing room at Raith after 2 weeks of being there, and let the kitman pick the team (as he claimed on TV) the game before he got punted? Aye, sound exactly what we need....

Danny Lennon for me. Had St Mirren playing good football then got the chop, the Midden then got relegated after the Tommy Craig/Gary Teale management.

Got St Mirren promoted and won a cup with them. With our squad of players he would sort it out and get more fans coming through the turnstiles.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)