+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If McKinnon Goes/Gets Sacked Who Is Next?

If McKinnon Goes/Gets Sacked Who Is Next?

Most are in agreement about McKinnon.

Dire football, suspect tactics, suspect selections. Thats all been well argued on other threads.

So Im wondering who the realistic candidates to replace are?

For me I reckon we are looking at unemployed managers as well surely never afford to pay off McKinnon then pay compo for a new manager.

Slim pickings. Looking at the Terry Butchers of this world, maybe Billy Davies if we can afford him.

At least Davies would want to grab the whole football setup by the scruff of the neck and revamp.

So folks. Whats our realistic options?

As much as Ray might rightly deserve the heave, I am not in favour of this until the far greater need is addressed, and that is the complete evacuation of the Thompson regime from Tannadice. Until that happens it is pointless looking for another manager who fits in with Stevie's ideal.

Keep Ray. He just might help us address the Thompson issue before long. Focusing on and sacking the manager just allows the manager to be Stevie's scapegoat.

I'd take John Hughes or Owen Coyle

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    As much as Ray might rightly deserve the heave, I am not in favour of this until the far greater need is addressed, and that is the complete evacuation of the Thompson regime from Tannadice. Until that happens it is pointless looking for another manager who fits in with Stevie's ideal.

Keep Ray. He just might help us address the Thompson issue before long. Focusing on and sacking the manager just allows the manager to be Stevie's scapegoat.
    Theres no chance ST is going anywhere, who on earth would pay for his room in the Old Course?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Theres no chance ST is going anywhere, who on earth would pay for his room in the Old Course?

I suspect this sort of thing has a lot to do with it. Despite his statements to the effect he is more than willing to sell, I suspect he really is not inclined to do so unless he gets an OTT offer. United are providing him a a cash cow as long as he is at the helm. Once that is surrendered, where does he go? Certainly not the Old Course Hotel with all its 'privileges.' Mark my words, he is heading for his 'downfall,' the pity is he might take United with him?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I'd take John Hughes or Owen Coyle
    Two good shouts Id say.

Hughes is a positive character. A breath of fresh air. Fresh set of eyes.

Coyle experienced a very good managerial level. Ex players managing United give me the fear though. Always seem to fail. Maybe too much added pressure what with their connection? Who knows. But you would hope a candidate of Coyles calibre would be possible.

hughes for me i think he would tell thomson stay away from football matters and go play at dock st lol

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Two good shouts I’d say.

Hughes is a positive character. A breath of fresh air. Fresh set of eyes.

Coyle experienced a very good managerial level. Ex players managing United give me the fear though. Always seem to fail. Maybe too much added pressure what with their connection? Who knows. But you would hope a candidate of Coyle’s calibre would be possible.
    Aye ex players returning never usually work for us sadly... has to be one one day

Is that the same John Hughes who kicked his toys oot the pram at Inverness, allegedly lost the dressing room at Raith after 2 weeks of being there, and let the kitman pick the team (as he claimed on TV) the game before he got punted? Aye, sound exactly what we need....

Danny Lennon for me. Had St Mirren playing good football then got the chop, the Midden then got relegated after the Tommy Craig/Gary Teale management.

Got St Mirren promoted and won a cup with them. With our squad of players he would sort it out and get more fans coming through the turnstiles.

Mind when people were wanting Billy Davies?....good lord the boy is making an absolute tit of himself with this hearts and rangers malarky

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Mind when people were wanting Billy Davies?....good lord the boy is making an absolute tit of himself with this hearts and rangers malarky
    I would have Billy Davies. John Hughes is an idiot though.

1. My own view - Ray should be given more time to work with his signings for this season

2. ST out - he is main problem and don't know who we could attract that would work with him

3. Out of choices discussed - Coyle or Lennon seem best. They've been out of manager jobs for a while so might be willing to take United job on

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    1. My own view - Ray should be given more time to work with his signings for this season

2. ST out - he is main problem and don't know who we could attract that would work with him

3. Out of choices discussed - Coyle or Lennon seem best. They've been out of manager jobs for a while so might be willing to take United job on
    For me, item 2 before any other consideration. Root out the cancer at source.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I would have Billy Davies. John Hughes is an idiot though.
    Assuming you haven't heard his views on utd being beneath him.....literally his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Assuming you haven't heard his views on utd being beneath him.....literally his words.
    He can GTF then and Hughes can join him.!! Out of names mentioned, Danny lennon seems the best of a bad bunch.

Need someone who realises we most probably have best squad of players in the league and who then uses them to attack every team we play until we win the game comfortably....., or is that too much to ask.?

**** it go for the Dumbarton manager he seems to know where our weaknesses are anyway

Jack Ross would be nice. We've sunk so far under ST now though I suspect no chance of that

As long as it's not the bloke doing all the shouting from the back of the George Fox lower today, seemed to know as much as Ray does about football !

Amongst other ramblings of moronic proportions the nutjob that is Billy Davies is quoted as saying

"He added: "I will not jump back in to a St Mirren, a Dundee United, a Hearts, with all due respect to these clubs. I know I am a very good football manager. I will not jump back into football and take a job that is beneath me."

Arse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast