+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If McKinnon Goes/Gets Sacked Who Is Next?

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Amongst other ramblings of moronic proportions the nutjob that is Billy Davies is quoted as saying

"He added: "I will not jump back in to a St Mirren, a Dundee United, a Hearts, with all due respect to these clubs. I know I am a very good football manager. I will not jump back into football and take a job that is beneath me."

Arse
    Dickhead Davies

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Jack Ross would be nice. We've sunk so far under ST now though I suspect no chance of that
    We've been hit too hard in the past with up & coming managers. We need tried & tested to steady the ship. This is no job for a manager in only their second managerial position.

Which managers have we had who have been successful in recent years

Levein and PH.

They turned up after being fairly abject failures at Leicester - but someone has failed in English championship and done well in Scottish prem would not come to us now - with ST and in Scottish championship

The Davies comments above show that too

PH was in his first manager job with us when he took over.

Bottom line is if you are good enough then that is all that matters

Personally I think we need someone smart and who has shown they can do it in this division before - ross and Lennon if they can be attracted, which itself is pretty doubtful

Please not Yogi Hughes. Last seen getting Raith relegated?!? He's an up and at him type - hardly appropriate when the next manager will inherit a team of midget gems

I thought maybe Hughes the last time. I like his enthusiasm and his havers about the game however he seems to have made a complete arse at Raith , too risky.

I would like Coyle , decent likeable lad with extensive experience. Can't see him coming to United though , certainly not in this division.

Jack Ross - decent upcoming manager , deja vous , way too risky.

We definitely need an experienced head but not keen on Danny "you know" Lennon either.

So phuk knows.

Major problem is ST and any manager wanting to work here must be willing to risk their reputation with him where other managers have failed or we have managers with no reputation to shred

Step forward MIXU 🙈😩

I just thought about Stephen Pressley, but the ex-player mantle and the fact he doesnt look like a good manager steer me away again.

Pressley seems to have somehow got a mediocre reputation yet he has not done well anywhere he has been.

Definite no to him.

Paul Hartley till end of season he would get us up. And that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Paul Hartley till end of season he would get us up. And that would be funny.
    And he would get us up too. Might get offered his old job back soon though??

Hartley would do for me.
    Good job at Dens and would have kept them up if the board hadn't panicked.
    I'll take the abuse for this but Jim Duffy would do a better job for us than Mackinnon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)