+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season's points

Season's points

I notice one of my spread betting firms is quoting the same points spread for us as for the Fowls, indicating a joint 9th and 10th finishing position!

They don't always get it right of course (they grossly underestimated us last year - which helped my finances) but I would be very surprised and delighted with such an outcome. For the time being, I think I'll sit on the sidelines and keep my money safe.
    Anybody else got a different opinion?

Be good to be in touching distance of one of the most MASSIVE clubs in the history of football after spending about £30/40 million less.

I was home early yesterday and found that 'I believe in miracles', the story of Forests rise to the European Cup was on BTSport. Apart from being very enjoyable to watch, I was struck by a certain similarity between how Cloughie and CW go about their business. Thats not to say CW is the new Cloughie. Its just that you can see some of the same thought processes about the game and how to get a team to play.

What does this mean for your spread betting dilemma? Nowt at all...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I was home early yesterday and found that 'I believe in miracles', the story of Forests rise to the European Cup was on BTSport. Apart from being very enjoyable to watch, I was struck by a certain similarity between how Cloughie and CW go about their business. Thats not to say CW is the new Cloughie. Its just that you can see some of the same thought processes about the game and how to get a team to play.

What does this mean for your spread betting dilemma? Nowt at all...sorry.
    Are you seriously comparing CW to one of the greatest managers to have ever been in the game? wow

Quote Originally Posted by BDTBL1 View Post
    Are you seriously comparing CW to one of the greatest managers to have ever been in the game? wow
    No he's not doing that at all and he's made his thought process perfectly clear, so why would you say that? I've got some of the traits of Paul McCartney, but unfortunately I can't write songs, the fringe has gone and I have a crap signing voice.

You seem like you're priming up a 'they think Wilder is as good as Clough' thread for Porktalk pal.

I also notice that they have Barnsley to finish 3rd from bottom, which I think is a bit harsh.
    Mainly because I like their manager, I'm tempted to have a small up bet on them @ 49 points.

Anybody watch them regularly, care to give me an insightful appraisal now that the transfer window has closed?

My betting bible gives a weekly prediction of the final table with points,and like last season they never managed to get ours right although they had us finishing top for most of 2017 and generally they aren't far off obviously things like barnsleys rise and our last season catch pretty much everyone out

This week they have us in 10th on 65pts along with Derby and Sunderland,the pigs in 7th on 69pts and Barnsley in 19th on 58pts so that points to a definate flutter on Barnsley Ronnie,I'd have a go myself but I don't do spreadbetting it worries me so I stay clear

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    No he's not doing that at all and he's made his thought process perfectly clear, so why would you say that? I've got some of the traits of Paul McCartney, but unfortunately I can't write songs, the fringe has gone and I have a crap signing voice.

You seem like you're priming up a 'they think Wilder is as good as Clough' thread for Porktalk pal.
    I think the line 'that's not to say CW is the new cloughie' is the give away in this one

Seems to me you are Paul McCartney gray

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    My betting bible gives a weekly prediction of the final table with points,and like last season they never managed to get ours right although they had us finishing top for most of 2017 and generally they aren't far off obviously things like barnsleys rise and our last season catch pretty much everyone out

This week they have us in 10th on 65pts along with Derby and Sunderland,the pigs in 7th on 69pts and Barnsley in 19th on 58pts so that points to a definate flutter on Barnsley Ronnie,I'd have a go myself but I don't do spreadbetting it worries me so I stay clear
    May I enquire as to the nature of this betting "bible" Bully? Do you actually make a profit (be honest) over a long period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

Not at all, i just think it's hilarious to name Tufty in the same breath as Clough. The two couldn't be more different both in football and out of football.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast