+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley

I do hope we get this one done. We have a surfeit of attackers and plenty of cover in central defence but are woefully weak in midfield especially after the Kieftenbeld cock up.
    I know there are reservations about Ledley's fitness and why he has been unable to find a club but, on the plus side, he is only 30, is probably a shorter term signing and does have something to prove in terms of re-establishing himself within the Welsh World Cup squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I do hope we get this one done. We have a surfeit of attackers and plenty of cover in central defence but are woefully weak in midfield especially after the Kieftenbeld cock up.
    I know there are reservations about Ledley's fitness and why he has been unable to find a club but, on the plus side, he is only 30, is probably a shorter term signing and does have something to prove in terms of re-establishing himself within the Welsh World Cup squad.
    Time will tell if he will help ease our midfield problems and our inconsistency because us signing players in tight situations isn’t a sight to look back upon.

I dont mind this one, we need another midfielder and hes a free agent so wont cost a fee. Big wages no doubt but a short term contract and if he plays well and stays fit he could earn a longer contract.

Its much better than the renewels of bent and baird, they were brainless decisions

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I dont mind this one, we need another midfielder and hes a free agent so wont cost a fee. Big wages no doubt but a short term contract and if he plays well and stays fit he could earn a longer contract.

Its much better than the renewels of bent and baird, they were brainless decisions
    That's your opinion. Most people recognise that we had no choice with Bent and that Baird provides good reliable cover for the whole of the back four.

Derby County officially sign Joe Ledley until January.

Welcome to the Rams Ledley....

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/...es-rams-switch

It will be a month i'd say before he is fit enough to make a meaningful contribution, but could this be a pivotal signing which changes Derby's fortunes or a gamble that fails?

Anyone that has played 70+ times for his country by 30 doesn't/shouldn't become a bad player overnight.

We are short in midfield for sure and free agents were the only option. Wonder where this puts the Kiftenbeld deal in Jan or might that depend on who's in charge at Brum?

Kieftenbeld move depends on who the new manager is going to be and what he wants to do with him and he is in their plans for the foreseeable future.

Ledley is a waiting game to see if he is another player on the books like the rest of the players we got in our squad or a player who will give us something entirely different to what we have got.

Getting a bit worried about this squad .high average age and not convinced there is a long term plan in building a squad for the future hopefully in the premier

High average age might look bad on paper right now but once we balanced the squad with talent from the academy and experience from the old guard that will be an issue no longer need ratifying.

This club is not a finish product by a long shot we have a long way to go, there are problems that we need to clarify and once we solve those problems, this club will then have a clear plan on what their long term plan is for the foreseeable future.

We are in this for the long haul we just got to wait for the results and hope that they pay off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)