+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley

Joe Ledley

How about a quick move for Joe Ledley on a years contract. Should be a no brainer for me. That's if he's still a free agent.

Spot on Mano'. As a 'no brainier' we should be well qualified to make it happen. Probably wait till another club comes in at the last second and then...guess what?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Spot on Mano'. As a 'no brainier' we should be well qualified to make it happen. Probably wait till another club comes in at the last second and then...guess what?
    You seem rather negative about the club at the moment RA? There must be a reason Ledley is still a free gent, perhaps he wants to much in wages? perhaps he is injury prone? perhaps he is no longer the player he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    You seem rather negative about the club at the moment RA? There must be a reason Ledley is still a free gent, perhaps he wants to much in wages? perhaps he is injury prone? perhaps he is no longer the player he was?
    You're right WR...I was untypically disillusioned by the Kieftenbeld failure. We seem to have been linked with so many players lately only for them to go elsewhere.
    Looking more objectively, your points about Ledley are all fair.
    Suppose the questions remain...have we all been pacified by Friday evenings result and is this a sign of things to come or another false dawn where we struggle along for the next four months without the ***** ingredient - a ball winning midfield battler - that we have been missing for so long?
    I certainly didn't see Friday's performance coming and if we can remain in touch until the next window and then strengthen in the area described then there may be grounds for optimism. In the meantime Rowett himself has suggested looking at the uncontracted players market and while I would never wish to appear fickle...this is the 'roller coaster' that is Derby County, so who knows what awaits around the next bend?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-09-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Friday was welcome but it remains to be seen whether we can get some form of consistency going forward, much also depends upon injuries as well. But there is at least signs that we can be challenging for a top 6 place and as a fan thats what you want a team to be doing. I would also like a good couple of cup runs.

I am wary of signing "name" players who have been good in the past, it depends of course but there must be a reason ledley hasn't been snapped up by a club.

Friday was welcome but it remains to be seen whether we can get some form of consistency going forward, much also depends upon injuries as well. But there is at least signs that we can be challenging for a top 6 place and as a fan thats what you want a team to be doing. I would also like a good couple of cup runs.

I am wary of signing "name" players who have been good in the past, it depends of course but there must be a reason ledley hasn't been snapped up by a club.

Rowett keeping tabs on Joe Ledley to slightly ease the midfield problems.

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/tra...ail/story.html

What we don't want to do as a club is panick in bringing in players like Ledley cause we are tight for midfield cover and just bring in another inconsistent player to our cause. Ledley has had injury problems in the past and his fitness levels will need to be put up to scratch and will take time for him to gel with the team and get the feel of 1st team football again after leaving Crystal Palace.

Our youth system could get the chance that they have been waiting for to really show what they are made of and Rowett could give them the spark that these youngsters need to get their careers off to a really good start.

Our team average age is just over 28 and the team that lost 4-1 against Bristol City on Saturday were 30 or over.

The club could do with narrowing down the team average age and balance the books a bit to give the squad more life, hunger and freshness it needs to turn this club on the knife edge.

Ledley set for Derby talks.....

We really are desperate actions stations here we come, we will see how this one plans out and he adds anything new to the team in what we already got.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41334032

Joe Ledley to officially sign for Derby County today.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ounty-13649196

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)