+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Sunderland v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Sunderland v The Mighty Blades

Back in action at last after the international break, and this afternoon another tough test away at Sunderland. Both sides should be fresh and both have added players on transfer deadline day. Although we do seem to be having a mounting injury list, the new additions should be able to slot in as capable replacements. Sunderland have not won in September since 2012, and not won at home since December 2016. However as we rarely score when we play them away, and not yet scored away this season, it does look like a very difficult time to change the tide of our only one win our last 8 visits, 7 of those being defeats......

Anyway...

Any team news?

Presumably Donaldson slotting straight into the team?

Heneghan likewise?

And CCV has presumably not come here just to sit on the bench?

How will and how should we line up?

If we manage a bright start the disgruntled locals could go a long way to doing our job for us. It might only be 5 games in, but they need to get their season back on track, and will be expecting to be finishing in a play off spot at the very least. Pundits and opposing fans may have a slightly different opinion, but they've made some good signings and we will have to be on our game today to get anything out of it. We will find it difficult, but if we can avoid going a goal down in the first 20 minutes, then I'm going for a brave prediction of a 2-0 Blades victory. I hope so at least....

Safe journey Bladesmen (and women) and I hope we put on a display we can all be proud of...

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    Back in action at last after the international break, and this afternoon another tough test away at Sunderland. Both sides should be fresh and both have added players on transfer deadline day. Although we do seem to be having a mounting injury list, the new additions should be able to slot in as capable replacements. Sunderland have not won in September since 2012, and not won at home since December 2016. However as we rarely score when we play them away, and not yet scored away this season, it does look like a very difficult time to change the tide of our only one win our last 8 visits, 7 of those being defeats......

Anyway...

Any team news?

Presumably Donaldson slotting straight into the team?

Heneghan likewise?

And CCV has presumably not come here just to sit on the bench?

How will and how should we line up?

If we manage a bright start the disgruntled locals could go a long way to doing our job for us. It might only be 5 games in, but they need to get their season back on track, and will be expecting to be finishing in a play off spot at the very least. Pundits and opposing fans may have a slightly different opinion, but they've made some good signings and we will have to be on our game today to get anything out of it. We will find it difficult, but if we can avoid going a goal down in the first 20 minutes, then I'm going for a brave prediction of a 2-0 Blades victory. I hope so at least....

Safe journey Bladesmen (and women) and I hope we put on a display we can all be proud of...

UTB
    I think Donaldson will start but i can't see any changes at the back unless of course we have injuries.They aint won at home since december,but i reckon a 1-1 draw will be a good result for us.UTCB

A stunning 0-4 to the Blades.

Blades first away win back in the championship today. Sunland under massive pressure from fan expectation. Bit like us in Lg 1. 2-0
    Blades the Don and Billy.
    COYRAWW

Dream debut Donald........................thas an aliteration.

2-0 defeat. We need to sort our away form quickly

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I think Donaldson will start but i can't see any changes at the back unless of course we have injuries.They aint won at home since december,but i reckon a 1-1 draw will be a good result for us.UTCB
    Hope yer right Rodders. I've got us for 1-1 on my super 6 . I'm quite prepared for nil pois for a 2-1 Blades victory though.

I've gone for it on super6 that million would come in dead handy 1-0 blades

Donaldson the only change today,yet another i've got r8.UTCB

Donaldson the only change today,yet another i've got r8.UTCB
    Carter-Vickers on bench

No Henighan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast