+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens sign legend

Queens sign legend

Queens sign James McFadden on short term deal

If he puts additional bums on seats then the club is onto a winner especially if he can still make a valuable contribution to the playing squad. Welcome on board Faddy you were s Scotland legend and hopefully you can still demonstrate some of that old magic so I am really looking forward to next Saturdays game at Palmerston.

well i hope he puts a shift in at training as he needs a hell of a fitness boost ,dont want to be carrying a big wages champaign charlie at queens lol .

if he has his heart in getting back to his best then hay we are on our way tho .

Let's hope that McFadden does well enough and gives the team a different option in whatever position they decide to play him in.

Good luck to Faddy who must have worked on his fitness the last few months with Queens to eventually get a contract.

I am happy that we are give him a chance and if it does not work out then he would leave in January.

Some nice play from Faddy today in his half hour debut.

10 years ago today since THAT goal against France

Fads still has some nice touches but needs to visit Scottish Slimmers

Faddy will get there I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Faddy will get there I'm sure of that.
    I hope you are correct but he`s played very little football in recent years. I thought he looked done at Livi and that`s with a pre-season behind him plus training with us since then. Really hope I`m wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I hope you are correct but he`s played very little football in recent years. I thought he looked done at Livi and that`s with a pre-season behind him plus training with us since then. Really hope I`m wrong though.
    Here's hoping too. Thought he looked a lot better last week at Livingston than today, although the sooner Naysmith gets these bounce games lined up the better for Faddy's chances going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Here's hoping too. Thought he looked a lot better last week at Livingston than today, although the sooner Naysmith gets these bounce games lined up the better for Faddy's chances going forward.
    Good luck to Faddy but don't think he is what Queens need at this moment in time as despite training for weeks he looked far off the pace and two stone to heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Good luck to Faddy but don't think he is what Queens need at this moment in time as despite training for weeks he looked far off the pace and two stone to heavy.
    You just never know he may just come good.

Super Faddy scores four against Morton for the U20's / development side last night. They won 6-4

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Super Faddy scores four against Morton for the U20's / development side last night. They won 6-4
    The more match time Faddy get the better as he was well of the pace against Morton at the weekend when he came on. A fit McFadden can only bolster the squad as has more latent talent than anyone else in the team and if we can squeeze some of this out of those aging limbs then that will be a plus for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Told you that he'd get better.