+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott & Simon McCabe

Scott & Simon McCabe

Both stepping down

Long terms implications anyone?

See link

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/sep...y-information/

Interesting. Let's hope this is the start of the promised new blood that will see the Prince bring investors on board, and it's not just Kev's lads toddling off into the sunset before their Dad retires.

Either wayTT won't be able to say 'the McCabe family' anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Interesting. Let's hope this is the start of the promised new blood that will see the Prince bring investors on board, and it's not just Kev's lads toddling off into the sunset before their Dad retires.

see link Gray

33,200,000 shares?? what's that mean? and the termination and appointment of directors happening

Somat going on here?

Where's H?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Sounds like the Saudi involvement will get stronger and stronger - slightly scary IMHO, would prefer the McCabes to retain an involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Sounds like the Saudi involvement will get stronger and stronger - slightly scary IMHO, would prefer the McCabes to retain an involvement.
    Tha wunt dare se that if TT was ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    At first glance looks like a chair shuffling exercise. Bettis and Tutton are McCabe men so his boys moving on would seem to make little difference to the overall composition of the Board.

Bland statements about the Prince and his team increasing their involvement in the management of SUFC tells us nothing. You would like to think this means there will be new investment in the Club but more a case of the Prince not having a day job any longer and wanting to spend more time protecting his investment. If these changes are a pre cursor to an overall review of how the Club is run leading to further investment down the line then thats a positive, then again it could have no impact whatsoever.

The Prince has appointed Yusuf Giansiracusa as a director. He's a Saudi lawyer with a focus on mergers and acquisitions.

Make of that what you will

The timing right after the transfer window closes is interesting. Am I experiencing a bit of Dey ja vous?

Tha wunt dare se that if TT was ear.
    He's gone missing Gray............nothing for him to rant about anymore

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    see link Gray

33,200,000 shares?? what's that mean? and the termination and appointment of directors happening

Somat going on here?

Where's H?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
    I wonder if that's why we seemed a little reticent in the window? I did mention at the time that I wondered if we might be (ahem) taking stock. I agree with you mate, something's afoot, McCabe is pushing 70 and it seems inconceivable to me that his lads would choose now to depart unless he was planning to leave as well.

We'll see, I hope if it is the case somebody comes in who has the financial clout to take the club forward but even more importantly, they allow it to keep its heart and sole. The thought of us ending up like some of the other clubs including the Pigs is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    He's gone missing Gray............nothing for him to rant about anymore
    I wonder if that's significant Aya? Maybe TT's heading up a consortium?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast