shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: Bruce out!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    Posts
    1,766
    I agree Sam that some of our fans are perennial whingers and find a cloud in every silver lining, AVFC runs in the blood and it's often a desperate passion for them to do well which results in frustration when we don't see attractive football and goals. Whatever 11 Brucie picks the approach always seems to be far too cautious and therefore teams know exactly how to play against us at VP.

    Yes we have no right to win games but the huge investment in this squad demands a return, including 95 minutes of hard work all over the pitch.

    The MON moans were because we had no plan B, so many home games against lesser teams ended up as draws. Again the massive investment should have yielded better and MON bought players who never or hardly played for him.

  2. #42
    Someone asked who do we replace him with? For starters every team we have played has had a manager that out coached us with the exception ofNorwich and even his team controlled a lot of the game. This also includes Shrewsbury and Walsalls managers from the pre season. Add in all the teams that had managers that out coached us last season.

  3. #43
    Sam. Why is Hogan so unlikely to score? He scored 14 goals in the same division against the same opponents playing alongside players on lesser wages who cost less money. Perhaps it's because Bruce buys the same players he already has. He purchased for a ridiculously high price in my mind Whelan when he already has Jedinak who is a better option. He purchased Hourihane and Lansbury in the same window who seem to be the same type players and added Snodgrass and Elmo to the right wing where one of our better players Adomah seemed to be good.

    These players aren't bad signings to me except Whelan which is a joke signing like Thor has turned out to be, but his management style is awful. Maybe it is living in America where coaches are frowned upon for not making changes at half time or making injuries an excuse or blaming the fans as he did after the Norwich game, but this guy is wearing on me like Lambert did and even he had his moments when we were watchable which Bruce's teams aren't.

  4. #44
    Hogan is more likely to get injured that score from what I've seen of him. The whole "let's buy players who were great at other clubs" but turn into tripe here seems to be a factor.

    I didn't watch the game as I hardly ever do now thanks to streams not being available and me being too tight to pay for tickets. But the stats said we should have scored.

    If Bruce had taken Davis off at half time and brought on Hogan maybe we would have won. Or maybe he would have tweaked something and had to come off with no one left on the bench to replace him. Maybe Kodija should have started and been taken off after getting his obligatory goal.

    I think Steve has been unlucky rather than poor like lambert or RDM

  5. #45
    No disrespect to Barnsley but surely this is the week we get a good win n Bruce can sleep well at night for a change ?? Surely...

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    36,877
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    No disrespect to Barnsley but surely this is the week we get a good win n Bruce can sleep well at night for a change ?? Surely...
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Hogan is more likely to get injured that score from what I've seen of him. The whole "let's buy players who were great at other clubs" but turn into tripe here seems to be a factor.

    I didn't watch the game as I hardly ever do now thanks to streams not being available and me being too tight to pay for tickets. But the stats said we should have scored.

    If Bruce had taken Davis off at half time and brought on Hogan maybe we would have won. Or maybe he would have tweaked something and had to come off with no one left on the bench to replace him. Maybe Kodija should have started and been taken off after getting his obligatory goal.

    I think Steve has been unlucky rather than poor like lambert or RDM
    I would say RDM was the unlucky one. How many games went from 3 pts to 1 after we hit the woodwork so often?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.
    Acido. How has Barnsley done with the money received for Bree, Hourihane, the CB that went to the scum and any other sales between January and the summer?

  9. #49
    Bruce bites back at the fans calling him a dinosaur, getting a bit wound up now! He really does need a win tomorrow in front of the Sky cameras, come old potato head, shut me and all the critics up at least for one weekend eh!!
    2-0 villa.

    Koj and Hurihane

  10. #50
    That's exactly what we need. We need to get 21 points out the next 9 games

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.
    No disrespect my Barnsley buddy but I don't like your tone lol

    Would say good luck but I'd be lying 😂

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    36,877
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    No disrespect my Barnsley buddy but I don't like your tone lol. Would say good luck but I'd be lying ��
    You leave our tone/Tony out of this Daz, whats he done to upset you ?. Normally on England mad Id say good luck to your team as well, but Id also be kidding. At least your not one of the many co*ckneys on there.

    States, you mean Mark Roberts who left us to join the prat Redknapp at Birmingham, and hes hardly even kicked a ball for them in the last few games lol. We've signed a tonne of unknown kids who know next to nothing about playing in the Champship, and we insist on an age policy of only 18-25 year olds. Adam Hammill is an old man for us now, hes about 30!!.

    Seeing as loads of our former stars are turning up to celebrate tomorrow, does Connor want to come onto the pitch and wave to us, before toddling off to the away dressing room ?. lol

  13. #53
    Not sure if it's just me but I don't want to see Bruce go and I don't even blame him for the poor start we have have made. I put that down to the players. I firmly believe we have the best squad of players in this division but they are not playing anywhere near their potential. Players like Jedi, Hourihane, Johnston took a little while to get going but seemed to have turn a corner. It is now up to the likes of Landsbury, Hogan, Elmo etc to do the same. We need a full team to be playing at their max.

    As for formations, I reckon most Prem teams would beat the likes of Brentford and even Middlesbrough whatever formation they were playing. Our players should be good enough to adapt to game conditions, see where the dangers lie and fix it.

  14. #54
    I’m glad SB has exercised his right to reply. A lot of the social media stuff is way over the top and personal in many cases. Just looking through the many forums tells the whole sad story. Faceless ‘Snowflake’, oh so easily offended but quick to abuse, keyboard warriors, appear delighted, or dare I risk offending the little darlings, ‘hysterical’ in their ‘fury’. It’s the same posters posting the exact same sh1te over and over again, almost word for word. Yes we know EXACTLY what you think folks, word for word. So ditch your ‘copy and paste hysterics’ and come up with something new. How many times does someone have to repeat the same line as if trying to reinforce their point with duplicy?
    I’m far from happy with our performances, refereeing decisions and points tally, but I will not be resorting to a faceless campaign of abuse towards SB.
    What I do say is this:
    Ok SB, you’ve had your say, now back it up! Sh1t, or get off the pot!
    And to the poor little victims, so offended by that nasty man who publicly defended his own professional reputation, and correctly branding them ‘hysterical’... Get a FFFFing life!!!

    P.s. Good post Picasso.

  15. #55
    Just to clear up about the 'victims', just in case my post is seen as a pop at villamad.
    "Just looking through the MANY forums tells the whole sad story"

  16. #56
    I've been struggling to put into words my frustration with AVFC for many years let alone recent seasons but having just read both Picasso & Exiles excellent posts just about sums up my feelings.
    Bruce has rarely done attractive football in his managerial career so why all the furore for it now we knew what we we're getting when we signed him
    He's a manager who has vast experience in this league & has a reputation for getting teams out of it he & the players assembled in this squad now have to start showing us what they are more than capable of
    People will say he's been here x amount of time & has had 2 transfer windows spending money to put it right - ok point taken
    But lets not forget the turmoil our club has been in both on & off the pitch these last 7 seasons the purchasing of sub standard players that were no better than what we alreadyhad,the knock on effect those purchases had on our youth team,young players who weren't deemed fit for purpose & yet here we are finding some of those kids playing against us in this league,as for the management of this club as we all know that's been nothing short of a disgrace,so to be looking to have it all put right immediately is ridiculous
    So to change managers again so soon after RDM & have the upheaval of it all over again no
    I don't think so.
    I am tired of the managerial merry go round all the usual suspects poking their head over the parapet whenever our club is looking for a new manager & whilst Bruce may have not be everyone's ideal
    appointment,at present he is here & these are his players let him have the chance to prove his worth
    Bruce imo now needs to find a system & the personal to suit it & form & injuries permitting consistently stick with it both home & away then maybe a more clearer picture can be drawn on both the capabilities of both the manager & the players
    Keep The Faith
    UTV

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by afoxy52 View Post
    I've been struggling to put into words my frustration with AVFC for many years let alone recent seasons but having just read both Picasso & Exiles excellent posts just about sums up my feelings.
    Bruce has rarely done attractive football in his managerial career so why all the furore for it now we knew what we we're getting when we signed him
    He's a manager who has vast experience in this league & has a reputation for getting teams out of it he & the players assembled in this squad now have to start showing us what they are more than capable of
    People will say he's been here x amount of time & has had 2 transfer windows spending money to put it right - ok point taken
    But lets not forget the turmoil our club has been in both on & off the pitch these last 7 seasons the purchasing of sub standard players that were no better than what we alreadyhad,the knock on effect those purchases had on our youth team,young players who weren't deemed fit for purpose & yet here we are finding some of those kids playing against us in this league,as for the management of this club as we all know that's been nothing short of a disgrace,so to be looking to have it all put right immediately is ridiculous
    So to change managers again so soon after RDM & have the upheaval of it all over again no
    I don't think so.
    I am tired of the managerial merry go round all the usual suspects poking their head over the parapet whenever our club is looking for a new manager & whilst Bruce may have not be everyone's ideal
    appointment,at present he is here & these are his players let him have the chance to prove his worth
    Bruce imo now needs to find a system & the personal to suit it & form & injuries permitting consistently stick with it both home & away then maybe a more clearer picture can be drawn on both the capabilities of both the manager & the players
    Keep The Faith
    UTV
    Some really good sobering thoughts here!!

    I actually think the pressures now on; Barnsley tonight, many people will expect us to lose because of our abysmal away record and the fact we have started slowly but sometimes a victory comes when people least expect it.

    I think Barnsley fans turning up tonight looking for an easy victory may just end up very disappointed?
    Time for our players to stand up and be counted.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Some really good sobering thoughts here!!

    I actually think the pressures now on; Barnsley tonight, many people will expect us to lose because of our abysmal away record and the fact we have started slowly but sometimes a victory comes when people least expect it.

    I think Barnsley fans turning up tonight looking for an easy victory may just end up very disappointed?
    Time for our players to stand up and be counted.
    Away AND on TV.

    I'd expect an easy win too if I was Barnsley. We have to start winning today though

    COME ON VILLAAAAAA

  19. #59
    Definitely great and sobering words from Sam, Picasso, Exiled and Foxy. I am very happy to read your points of view and am taking them on board. I was not aware Bruce had a reputation for unattractive football and it justifies my original position that I did not want his appointment, but I did say I would support him, but it is the unattractive football combined with lack of results that has made me want him gone.
    I do like that he is throwing youth players out there and has started Green and Davis this season and other youth in the cup.

    I knew Exiled, you weren't addressing us with your post as Freer and I have stated we respect Bruce as a manager and a gentleman.

  20. #60
    Well o asked for it and got it, well done Bruce. Well done TEAM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •