+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce out!

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Hi Winnie

Very valid answer there

Let me clarify my stance, I ain't wanting change for the sake of it

Steve Bruce is an extremely likeable guy, only after his numerous “inspired” additions to our expensive squad its evident S B isn't any closer to fashioning a side capable of challenging than he was 40 odd games ago

Bruce’s modus operandi is not to be beaten in the anticipation we can snatch a goal in the process

S B might have “been there/got the T-shirt” but this isn't a cheap package holiday he’s embarked on

As for handling the pressure, so long as the fans remain optimistic he may survive any ill-conceived assassination theories ?

But as States points out

Its Dr X who isn't a happy bunny
    Spot on Free

4 games to save his job just like RDM, at the minute they are sharing the same record. 6 games won 1 lost 2 drawn 3. Dead man walking!
    Bruce needs to get rid of Calder wood now!

Hi Winnie

Very valid answer there

Steve Bruce is an extremely likeable guy, only after his numerous “inspired” additions to our expensive squad its evident S B isn't any closer to fashioning a side capable of challenging than he was 40 odd games ago

Bruce’s modus operandi is not to be beaten in the anticipation we can snatch a goal in the process

S B might have “been there/got the T-shirt” but this isn't a cheap package holiday he’s embarked on

As for handling the pressure, so long as the fans remain optimistic he may survive any ill-conceived assassination theories ?

But as States points out

Hi Freer,

Thanks for your reply. I've never thought that you, or anyone else on here was wanting change for the sake of it and I take on board your points, which are also valid.

Obviously, there's no getting away from the fact that we are not doing well, and there are concerns about selection and tactics and there's no escaping that the Brentford match was appalling and slightly depressing.

However, we've had a huge overhall of our squad and Bruce has been faced with the challenge of having to experent under the pressure of live games, and the team having to gel under the same pressure too. Villa were in such a bad place when Bruce took over, and, coupled with the expectation that managing/playing for Villa brings, he has faced a Herculean task. He's also given some of the youth a chance, albeit with one arm tied behind his back, with the injury situation, but I think the Norwich match gave us a glimmer of what we can do, and potential ...

When I made the tee shirt comment, I was really referring to his experience at winning promotion out of the Championship. No other manager has done this more than Bruce. I just wonder who we will get if he goes? Will they be any better?

As you know, I'm not one for commenting/debating tactics because I can't. I tend to look at things from a psychological/morale angle and I worry about the impact on morale that yet another change would bring.

As you say, it's not our decison though, and you are right that Dr Xia appears to be losing patience. He's invested heavily, so it's understandable. I'd just really like Bruce to be given a proper chance to see what he can do now. I don't think people operate well/makes good choices with guns to their heads, and despite the vast sums they are paid, managers and players are still human beings.

Ultimately, we all want what is best for Villa though - we just have different ways of seeing things ... and without the benefit of a crystal ball ...

Heads off in seach of elusive crystal ball
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 10-09-2017 at 08:10 PM.

100% correct Winnie. The last thing we need is change right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Hi Freer,

Thanks for your reply. I've never thought that you, or anyone else on here was wanting change for the sake of it and I take on board your points, which are also valid.

Obviously, there's no getting away from the fact that we are not doing well, and there are concerns about selection and tactics and there's no escaping that the Brentford match was appalling and slightly depressing.

However, we've had a huge overhall of our squad and Bruce has been faced with the challenge of having to experent under the pressure of live games, and the team having to gel under the same pressure too. Villa were in such a bad place when Bruce took over, and, coupled with the expectation that managing/playing for Villa brings, he has faced a Herculean task. He's also given some of the youth a chance, albeit with one arm tied behind his back, with the injury situation, but I think the Norwich match gave us a glimmer of what we can do, and potential ...

When I made the tee shirt comment, I was really referring to his experience at winning promotion out of the Championship. No other manager has done this more than Bruce. I just wonder who we will get if he goes? Will they be any better?

As you know, I'm not one for commenting/debating tactics because I can't. I tend to look at things from a psychological/morale angle and I worry about the impact on morale that yet another change would bring.

As you say, it's not our decison though, and you are right that Dr Xia appears to be losing patience. He's invested heavily, so it's understandable. I'd just really like Bruce to be given a proper chance to see what he can do now. I don't think people operate well/makes good choices with guns to their heads, and despite the vast sums they are paid, managers and players are still human beings.

Ultimately, we all want what is best for Villa though - we just have different ways of seeing things ... and without the benefit of a crystal ball ...

Heads off in seach of elusive crystal ball

Just tell him he's wrong sis.

Hi Winnie

Very valid answer there

But as States points out

If gabby had started you would be blaming the loss in him.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    If gabby had started you would be blaming the loss in him.
    ??????

If I was the manager I would strip the players of their wages. Have we got too many players? There has to be a reason for not gelling.
    Need a massive performance tomorrow and some crucial but key changes.

Delaet for Brea . Crap
    Jedi for Whelen. Crap
    Landsbury for Onomah injured
    Hogan for Davis injured
    Snoddy for Elmo. Crap
    Adomah for Green injured

Better performance from what I read, but 60 minutes against 10 and still can't win. We can still stay up if we get a decent manager.

sorry brucie time to go. no excuses, no hysteria. we need a new model manager who understands the modern game...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)