+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce out!

Be careful what you wish for

I agree with some of the earlier posts which say now is not the time to be changing managers and disagree entirely with those who are calling for Bruce's head.

Steve Bruce has a proven managerial track record and is definitely the best that we are likely to get. To those that want him out I would say "Who would you replace him with ?" We've had some dreadful managers in recent years and now we have a much better one, we need to keep him.

If anyone thought we were going to walk straight back into the Premiership they were deluding themselves. Some of us can remember being in the old second division years ago and even the third division at one stage. It was a long hard slog to get back, but get back we did. And we'll do it again but it'll take time. It won't be this season but we'll get there eventually and SB is the best man to make it happen.

I have to ask have we improved/developed in the last 41 matches under Steve Bruce ?

I believe the general consensus is there's been little/no progress under his direction

Bruce ne'er sets us up as an attacking side, its the same/same uber cautious/negative approach, were set up to get a draw, hoping to nick something to hold on to.

His strategies/ideas (presuming one exists) are passée & he is rapidly running out of excuses
    Am I the only person getting weary of Bruce's post-match rhetoric "mass hysteria"- err “hello Steve your no longer @ Wigan welcome to Aston Villa here the onus is placed firmly on winning.... Here at A V F C its a results driven business buddy ! “

Sadly I can't see him turning us around, We all so wanted him to do well, sadly it hasn't worked

Dr Xia has invested heavily, Wyness is no simpleton, the consequences of further negative results will see Mr Bruce practising his golf in the Algarve

As we have the manager in charge currently who has the most experience in promoting teams from this ludicrous division and a group of players who are now HIS team... here is a list of managers who are better suited to the job *

*based on those that would come to us. So no one from the premier league or above us in he championship.

Here is the list Freer:

Dead man walking, just 3 games to save his job and we need at least 2 wins! Ok lets not get to manic here but you do have to question why we wasted 40 first half minute with one up front against 10 men, we did not give them anything to think about it was naïve management!
    I actually thought we played Okay in the 22nd half and were unlucky not to score on 3 occasions!

Once Traore went off, we should have gone 442 and hauled off the 'iceman' as he looked frozen!!

I'm sorry but how is it the managers fault that 15 chances went begging?

If I were a footballer I wouldn't play for the Villa for a million quid. The fans have said quite vocally "why bother" when we have said we are trying to rescind the Lansbury red card.

I would not want to play for or manage a club like this

We shouldn't be in this league
    The manager is to blame
    The players are to blame
    The owner is to blame
    Everyone is to blame

Worst fans in the world. And I used to think that about Newcastle fans.

Even when we finished 6th for 3 years in a row we had bellends saying MON had taken us as far as he could.

I'm done.

We are in the championship because we were not good enough and circling the drain just like wigan (who freer belittles even tho they won the FA cup before being relegated)

Either accept the fact this is he hardest league in the world and rome wasn't built in a day or shut up

Sam, You cannot blame the fans either, we don't kick the ball around now do we?
    What people were saying or moaning about and believe me ever caller on talk sport on the radio in car coming home from the match was saying was: why the hell did Bruce do nothing for 40 first half minutes while the opposition were down to 10?

We are not the worst fans, we have been through hell and still in it but can command a near 30,000 on a bitterly miserable wet evening and coming just 3 days after another home match. Mate, every villa fan who gives his hard earnt money has the right to moan and should given a medal for watching years of garbage!

Its like a lot of things in life, when the going gets tough, people turn on each other!!

Dave my complaint is with the fans who immediately want the removal of a manager or the majority of the players. Bruce set up yesterday with the likes of Davis, Bjarnson Snodgrass and Hourihane let alone Elmohammedy, Lansbury and Taylor all of which are attacking minded players. Why would he substitute any of those to be more attacking? 18 shots and no goals is not the managers fault.

It is a poisonous place to play. 15 minutes is the average time before the fans get restless. You can hear it. You can feel it. I wouldn't want to play under those conditions.

He owner has changed. Most of the players have changed and most of all the managers have changed yet here we are again!

Fickleness is basically stability to 90% of villa fans.

Don't pay. Don't go.

Bruce has said it himself, quote " If I was on the terrace, I would boo as well" we are at home, Why are we lining up with one upfront? and having 3 strikers on the bench? why?

Ok dave 3 strikers on the bench - Kodija just coming back from injury, Hogan no more likely to score that me and Adomah who was less preferred to the new signing Snodgrass.

We have a right to boo because those that pay - do so out of their own pocket and for some reason go to these games.

I'd prefer to go to coalville town or Romulus or Sutton Coldfield Town and watch football for a tenner.

I'm a Villa fan because it is who my dad supports. I wouldn't pay a penny at the monent because it is too expensive amd it's too frustrating.

Aston villa are a second tier side and not a very good one. No one knows why.

All those chances and no goals is not he managers fault tho

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)