+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bruce out!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.
    No disrespect my Barnsley buddy but I don't like your tone lol

Would say good luck but I'd be lying 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    No disrespect my Barnsley buddy but I don't like your tone lol. Would say good luck but I'd be lying ��
    You leave our tone/Tony out of this Daz, whats he done to upset you ?. Normally on England mad Id say good luck to your team as well, but Id also be kidding. At least your not one of the many co*ckneys on there.

States, you mean Mark Roberts who left us to join the prat Redknapp at Birmingham, and hes hardly even kicked a ball for them in the last few games lol. We've signed a tonne of unknown kids who know next to nothing about playing in the Champship, and we insist on an age policy of only 18-25 year olds. Adam Hammill is an old man for us now, hes about 30!!.

Seeing as loads of our former stars are turning up to celebrate tomorrow, does Connor want to come onto the pitch and wave to us, before toddling off to the away dressing room ?. lol

Not sure if it's just me but I don't want to see Bruce go and I don't even blame him for the poor start we have have made. I put that down to the players. I firmly believe we have the best squad of players in this division but they are not playing anywhere near their potential. Players like Jedi, Hourihane, Johnston took a little while to get going but seemed to have turn a corner. It is now up to the likes of Landsbury, Hogan, Elmo etc to do the same. We need a full team to be playing at their max.

As for formations, I reckon most Prem teams would beat the likes of Brentford and even Middlesbrough whatever formation they were playing. Our players should be good enough to adapt to game conditions, see where the dangers lie and fix it.

I’m glad SB has exercised his right to reply. A lot of the social media stuff is way over the top and personal in many cases. Just looking through the many forums tells the whole sad story. Faceless ‘Snowflake’, oh so easily offended but quick to abuse, keyboard warriors, appear delighted, or dare I risk offending the little darlings, ‘hysterical’ in their ‘fury’. It’s the same posters posting the exact same sh1te over and over again, almost word for word. Yes we know EXACTLY what you think folks, word for word. So ditch your ‘copy and paste hysterics’ and come up with something new. How many times does someone have to repeat the same line as if trying to reinforce their point with duplicy?
    I’m far from happy with our performances, refereeing decisions and points tally, but I will not be resorting to a faceless campaign of abuse towards SB.
    What I do say is this:
    Ok SB, you’ve had your say, now back it up! Sh1t, or get off the pot!
    And to the poor little victims, so offended by that nasty man who publicly defended his own professional reputation, and correctly branding them ‘hysterical’... Get a FFFFing life!!!

P.s. Good post Picasso.

Just to clear up about the 'victims', just in case my post is seen as a pop at villamad.
    "Just looking through the MANY forums tells the whole sad story"

I've been struggling to put into words my frustration with AVFC for many years let alone recent seasons but having just read both Picasso & Exiles excellent posts just about sums up my feelings.
    Bruce has rarely done attractive football in his managerial career so why all the furore for it now we knew what we we're getting when we signed him
    He's a manager who has vast experience in this league & has a reputation for getting teams out of it he & the players assembled in this squad now have to start showing us what they are more than capable of
    People will say he's been here x amount of time & has had 2 transfer windows spending money to put it right - ok point taken
    But lets not forget the turmoil our club has been in both on & off the pitch these last 7 seasons the purchasing of sub standard players that were no better than what we alreadyhad,the knock on effect those purchases had on our youth team,young players who weren't deemed fit for purpose & yet here we are finding some of those kids playing against us in this league,as for the management of this club as we all know that's been nothing short of a disgrace,so to be looking to have it all put right immediately is ridiculous
    So to change managers again so soon after RDM & have the upheaval of it all over again no
    I don't think so.
    I am tired of the managerial merry go round all the usual suspects poking their head over the parapet whenever our club is looking for a new manager & whilst Bruce may have not be everyone's ideal
    appointment,at present he is here & these are his players let him have the chance to prove his worth
    Bruce imo now needs to find a system & the personal to suit it & form & injuries permitting consistently stick with it both home & away then maybe a more clearer picture can be drawn on both the capabilities of both the manager & the players
    Keep The Faith
    UTV

Quote Originally Posted by afoxy52 View Post
    I've been struggling to put into words my frustration with AVFC for many years let alone recent seasons but having just read both Picasso & Exiles excellent posts just about sums up my feelings.
    Bruce has rarely done attractive football in his managerial career so why all the furore for it now we knew what we we're getting when we signed him
    He's a manager who has vast experience in this league & has a reputation for getting teams out of it he & the players assembled in this squad now have to start showing us what they are more than capable of
    People will say he's been here x amount of time & has had 2 transfer windows spending money to put it right - ok point taken
    But lets not forget the turmoil our club has been in both on & off the pitch these last 7 seasons the purchasing of sub standard players that were no better than what we alreadyhad,the knock on effect those purchases had on our youth team,young players who weren't deemed fit for purpose & yet here we are finding some of those kids playing against us in this league,as for the management of this club as we all know that's been nothing short of a disgrace,so to be looking to have it all put right immediately is ridiculous
    So to change managers again so soon after RDM & have the upheaval of it all over again no
    I don't think so.
    I am tired of the managerial merry go round all the usual suspects poking their head over the parapet whenever our club is looking for a new manager & whilst Bruce may have not be everyone's ideal
    appointment,at present he is here & these are his players let him have the chance to prove his worth
    Bruce imo now needs to find a system & the personal to suit it & form & injuries permitting consistently stick with it both home & away then maybe a more clearer picture can be drawn on both the capabilities of both the manager & the players
    Keep The Faith
    UTV
    Some really good sobering thoughts here!!

I actually think the pressures now on; Barnsley tonight, many people will expect us to lose because of our abysmal away record and the fact we have started slowly but sometimes a victory comes when people least expect it.

I think Barnsley fans turning up tonight looking for an easy victory may just end up very disappointed?
    Time for our players to stand up and be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Some really good sobering thoughts here!!

I actually think the pressures now on; Barnsley tonight, many people will expect us to lose because of our abysmal away record and the fact we have started slowly but sometimes a victory comes when people least expect it.

I think Barnsley fans turning up tonight looking for an easy victory may just end up very disappointed?
    Time for our players to stand up and be counted.
    Away AND on TV.

I'd expect an easy win too if I was Barnsley. We have to start winning today though

COME ON VILLAAAAAA

Definitely great and sobering words from Sam, Picasso, Exiled and Foxy. I am very happy to read your points of view and am taking them on board. I was not aware Bruce had a reputation for unattractive football and it justifies my original position that I did not want his appointment, but I did say I would support him, but it is the unattractive football combined with lack of results that has made me want him gone.
    I do like that he is throwing youth players out there and has started Green and Davis this season and other youth in the cup.

I knew Exiled, you weren't addressing us with your post as Freer and I have stated we respect Bruce as a manager and a gentleman.

Well o asked for it and got it, well done Bruce. Well done TEAM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)