+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce out!

I hear what both you and Freer are saying, Statesey, and I know I am the least tactically aware person on the board, but I kind of just want us to be a little bit brave for once and stick it out with Bruce. I know we won't get the most exciting footy with him, but he's done it before. We need someone who's been there got the tee shirt and is tough enough to withstand the pressure ... I know it's been said a million times before, but I think we need stability first.

I'm with Sis on his one. Regardless of his tactics, and selection of players, subs etc. 1 shot on target. 1! I'm sorry that's the players fault, not the manager. They need to work harder, work as a team.

And Bingo Gabby your saviour, got minutes, and guess what, no goal.

Need to get behind the manager and team, at least till Christmas.

I'm still ok with the manager but his excuse of players being tired from international duty is a weak one. Clearly Harry Kane didn't work hard enough for England.

6 games in it isn't looking good, 1 win scoring 4 goals and in the other games we've mustered 3 & conceded 9, putting us amongst the lowest scoring and highest conceding. It's a really hard league, the 3 relegated teams from the prem averaging 1 win in 3 but that fixture today is one we should win if we're serious contenders for promotion. It's a game we deserved to lose, at home, to a cheaply assembled side - is the Villa job too big for Bruce?

Bongo - Tim Sherwood is the reason we're not on our 3rd season in this league, when you lose such an important player as Benteke and fill the squad with a load of foreigners not battle hardened to english football (Fox & O'Reilly's approach), you cannot expect to survive. He was never going to be a long term manager, he hasn't the pedigree and probably needs to spend some time as an assistant manager in the lower leagues. We did play some good football under him and none of the losses in the new season were drubbings.

Can't believe that yet again we are going through another "xxxx out" crisis, can't go and buy another squad after all of the changes in the last window so have to stay with the project now. I don't think we'll go up, and if we did we wouldn't survive - all feels too fragile at VP

Aston Villa should NOT be in the bottom half of the second tier. This is NOT acceptable.

stateside your acting like the worse hurricane in history is about to hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    I hear what both you and Freer are saying, Statesey, and I know I am the least tactically aware person on the board, but I kind of just want us to be a little bit brave for once and stick it out with Bruce. I know we won't get the most exciting footy with him, but he's done it before. We need someone who's been there got the tee shirt and is tough enough to withstand the pressure ... I know it's been said a million times before, but I think we need stability first.
    Spot on Winnie

Hi Winnie

Very valid answer there

Let me clarify my stance, I ain't wanting change for the sake of it

Steve Bruce is an extremely likeable guy, only after his numerous “inspired” additions to our expensive squad its evident S B isn't any closer to fashioning a side capable of challenging than he was 40 odd games ago

Bruce’s modus operandi is not to be beaten in the anticipation we can snatch a goal in the process

S B might have “been there/got the T-shirt” but this isn't a cheap package holiday he’s embarked on

As for handling the pressure, so long as the fans remain optimistic he may survive any ill-conceived assassination theories ?

But as States points out

Its Dr X who isn't a happy bunny

😡😢😬

I couldn't find an emoji with a bedsheet on it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)