+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury Post Match Thoughts

Very enjoyable. Some great passages of play. Plenty of chances created. A few sloppy passes. Credit Beckford for a poachers goal, but the second one was ball-watching at it's worst. We are now in the top half of the table, where i think we will finish.

well I got the 3 goals right but yes I agree we weren't great and let two in, Ihiekwe and Rodak I thought should have done better.

got to agree Wood had a good game and covered well for others

IMO, get Mattock back.

Moore MOTM for me and we carried on without a striker when he went off for 10mins.

Looks like we have a good player in Towell and can't wait for him to be a regular

All three officials were half asleep

No RB on bench

3-2 get in!!!!!!
    Last edited by millertop; 09-09-2017 at 05:12 PM.

MATCH STATS

Possession
    Home 58% Away 42%
    Shots
    Home 20 Away 7
    Shots on Target
    Home 10 Away 4
    Corners
    Home 6 Away 3
    Fouls
    Home 13 Away 17

Anything other than a victory would have been hard to take.

Anyone who predicted that Bury wouldn't score cant have watched us defend this year!

People are strange, it wasn't the keepers fault.

An entertaining game. I think things are looking pretty good, work to do of course. Like the look of Ball myself and think JCH will be good when his confidence is up. Hopefully we won't lose Moore but if it happens we'll have to get someone else in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    People near me blaming our goal keeper for their second goal.
    I thought a half-time score of 4 - 2 to the Millers, after Bury had openings to score, their number 30 had a great game for Bury.

I thought Frecklington should have been taken off earlier, a shock to see Williams taken off before Frecks.

Ball came on ,but can't win balls in the air, if Moore goes back in January to Ipswich, we are in trouble with only Harris has the centre forward.
    Not been today, but seen Ball in other games. He's not a lead-the-line striker , and his natural position is probably behind the main centre-forward. We need to sign an out-of-contract reserve centre forward, even though I'm reluctant to say that after the previous cock-up!(... and definitely NOT somebody who has hardly scored, or even played much in the previous four years like...)
    If Kieffer gets injured we're burgered.

If it had finished 2-2, I would have been disappointed because that performance absolutely deserved the win. We were the only team asking questions, and really should have put them out of sight. Bury have some decent players but as a team, I thought they were crap. Towell took his goal well and his play reminded me of how Frecks used to play three or four years ago. Even the goal was a typical Frecklington goal. Moore was once again immense until he got clattered. My MOM was Ihiekwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Only a Wednesday fan would say that
    I think the Ball boy behind goal was a bloody Wednesday fan, couldn't give their keeper the ball quick enough

Yep Great goal by Towell. A young Frecks I reckon. I still worry about left back. Purrington caught a few times out of position. We also need to be better at defending and attacking set pieces, BUT some great football today at times and 6-2 woulldnt have been an unfair scoreline. A word about Kiefer. He has a great touch for such a big lad and dunt half get a hammering off defenders but he stands up well to them. We must try to sign him permo but if he keeps banging in the goals I can see him back at Ipswich in Jan. I just keep hoping Ipswich keep winning so they dont want him back. Thought ALL the players got stuck in today from minute one. Its great to see and long may it continue. Also good games from Vaulks, Wood, Iekwe, Williams.(I always feel summat positive is going to happen when he gets the ball. I noted some boos when he was subbed)
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-09-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep Great goal by Towell. A young Frecks I reckon. I still worry about left back. Purrington caught a few times out of position. We also need to be better at defending and attacking set pieces, BUT some great football today at times and 6-2 woulldnt have been an unfair scoreline. A word about Kiefer. He has a great touch for such a big lad and dunt half get a hammering off defenders but he stands up well to them. We must try to sign him permo but if he keeps banging in the goals I can see him back at Ipswich in Jan. I just keep hoping Ipswich keep winning so they dont want him back. Thought ALL the players got stuck in today from minute one. Its great to see and long may it continue.
    It looked as though the purposely targeted Moore today with some nasty stuff

I forgot to mention; some of our fans are thick as fo ok, why the need to boo when Warney made a sub?
    I thought Newell should have came on instead of Forde because I thought he would be better getting up to help Moore out but I didn't boo ffs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast