+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Tone

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Like I said, I've had enough of it. Both bans last 10 days and I believe Des said it span all the boards. That's why I am reticent to ban anyone permanently. However it is ruining the board.
    Hello Chris, hope all is well with you.

Please excuse my total ignorance but which posters were on the receiving end of said temporary network bans?

I'm presuming that the offending posts have been deleted?

Not taking sides and no issues with your decision, but from a very quick scan of the board I'm at something of a loss.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Chris, hope all is well with you.

Please excuse my total ignorance but which posters were on the receiving end of said temporary network bans?

I'm presuming that the offending posts have been deleted?

Not taking sides and no issues with your decision, but from a very quick scan of the board I'm at something of a loss.

Cheers.
    Newcy & baggie blood. Kicked off late last night. Des deleted the posts, but I took it a step further. You know how Newcy winds Blood up. Like Tony said, it stops posters coming on here.

That said, I may have done it wrong. Newcy seems to still be posting on the Wolves site.
    Maybe the ban only runs on here, only done it once before, so not sure.

At last, something is being done about the abusive attitude of some posters, of which I have, for a considerable time now, been the one in receipt. I note the two you have selected above, and they deserve it entirely, but you have totally ignored one other, who I now see is offering you a spare ticket. Yes, I refer to baggieal, who has for a very long time now jumped on anything I have posted and then starts his abuse.
    If you are not issuing him with a ban then I think it is time for me to leave. I will, in future, just compete in Phild's prediction scheme until the end of the season.
    Such a pity, as has been said by others above, I joined this forum to be able to discuss West Bromwich Albion and their games, etc; I did not do this for the purpose of being abused.

Cheers to the many posters who do obey the rules and in a friendly manner give their views on topics, albeit which may well differ from mine.

As i can see it Chris, Blood has a yellow and Newcy a red. But both serving only a 10 day ban. Under the new format they said a red would be a total ban, which i thought was unfair, i certainly wouldn't want to stop anyone posting on their own board.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    As i can see it Chris, Blood has a yellow and Newcy a red. But both serving only a 10 day ban. Under the new format they said a red would be a total ban, which i thought was unfair, i certainly wouldn't want to stop anyone posting on their own board.

So who Polices the Police Des?

Can one of us have access to the big red button for the occaissions when you go off on one or Chris starts going on about fenceposts?

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    At last, something is being done about the abusive attitude of some posters, of which I have, for a considerable time now, been the one in receipt. I note the two you have selected above, and they deserve it entirely, but you have totally ignored one other, who I now see is offering you a spare ticket. Yes, I refer to baggieal, who has for a very long time now jumped on anything I have posted and then starts his abuse.
    If you are not issuing him with a ban then I think it is time for me to leave. I will, in future, just compete in Phild's prediction scheme until the end of the season.
    Such a pity, as has been said by others above, I joined this forum to be able to discuss West Bromwich Albion and their games, etc; I did not do this for the purpose of being abused.

Cheers to the many posters who do obey the rules and in a friendly manner give their views on topics, albeit which may well differ from mine.
    This may serve as a wake up call Sweeper. Wait and see mate. Des & me have been tolerant in the past, too tolerant perhaps but we didn't want to start banning people left, right & centre. We may well have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Hope you are well. The team doesn't look it after a promising start.
    Can I offer you some advice?
    1 Nyom is a good right back, however he isn't a good left back. I can understand you not wanting to play Gibbs but Brunt would do better over there than Nyom.
    2 Barry, Krychowiak and Livermore are not a good central midfield option. Bringing Yacob in for one of them would not be the answer. Play 2 of them with either Morrison or Rodriguez thereby giving your loan striker a little help from time to time.
    3 Rodriguez is not a wide right player. He is pretty crap out there. Play him as the loan striker or in the hole behind the lone striker (best option).
    4 Playing an offensive game is a good way of defending. Playing in the opponents half stops them from creating scoring chances. We should do this more often.
    Have a good evening.
    Haven't posted in a very long time but need to add my view on yesterday's game. Having lived in Brighton for 14 years, just five minutes from the Amex, I moved to Nottingham this year, which guaranteed Brighton would get promoted! Watched the game with Brighton fans yesterday and was embarrassed by our performance. As always with Albion, if I allow myself any expectation of a good result it ends in tears. My biggest issue was with picking 3 defensive minded midfielders. I like Barry and the new guy seems good but Livermore as well is nonsense. He is taking the place of someone who could be creative and cause the opposition problems. Like everyone I don't like Nyom at left back and we have to believe Gibbs will be picked next week. I used to like Rondon but no more. A bit like Livermore he is taking the place of someone who could do something creative. Feeling down but next week I expect to see an improved performance.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post

Jumped on your posts because you have absolutely slated Pulis and rubbished his success at building the foundations at Stoke. Even many, who don't like the Pulis football, have acknowledged we have as a club gone forwards in terms of foundations and premiership safety, even though it's at a cost of entertaining football. Whilst, I say things as they are, nobody could question my loyalty and support of the lads - week in week out at a huge expense!

PS - Adios and Hasta Luego!

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    Haven't posted in a very long time but need to add my view on yesterday's game. Having lived in Brighton for 14 years, just five minutes from the Amex, I moved to Nottingham this year, which guaranteed Brighton would get promoted! Watched the game with Brighton fans yesterday and was embarrassed by our performance. As always with Albion, if I allow myself any expectation of a good result it ends in tears. My biggest issue was with picking 3 defensive minded midfielders. I like Barry and the new guy seems good but Livermore as well is nonsense. He is taking the place of someone who could be creative and cause the opposition problems. Like everyone I don't like Nyom at left back and we have to believe Gibbs will be picked next week. I used to like Rondon but no more. A bit like Livermore he is taking the place of someone who could do something creative. Feeling down but next week I expect to see an improved performance.
    My thoughts exactly. As Chris said - Gibbs should have started as he was fit and on the bench. Livermore offers very little and for me Rondon should be dropped and Rod played in his natural position.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)