+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell win three in a row

Motherwell win three in a row

Second half goals from Bowman and Moult delivered three points for Motherwell as Kilmarnock were beaten 2-0 at Fir Park. After five games we hold fifth place in the league table. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Second half goals from Bowman and Moult delivered three points for Motherwell as Kilmarnock were beaten 2-0 at Fir Park. After five games we hold fifth place in the league table. - External Link

its very satisfying watching us right now.. entertaining with some nice football on show Campbell , Kipre and Bowman standouts... so much better than the utter sh1te we suffered last year

The difference between now and last season are there for all to see.

We may not be a side awash with quality players but in Moult and Cadden we have two gems and we have some raw potential in the likes of Kipre, Campbell, Bowman and Frear, as well as a competent goalkeeper in Carson who is a massive improvement on Samson.

For me the biggest difference this season is that we have a squad of players who look like they enjoy playing football and play the game with endeavour and a will to win and most importantly we have a manager who puts his all into the job and makes the right decisions at the right time during matches. Again today it was Robinson's substitutions which turned the game in our favour after a tepid first half so huge credit to him for that.

It's early days but I can honestly say that I have found this season more entertaining than the last two put together. Gone is that arrogant, puffed up poppinjay of a manager and with the exception of Hammell, gone is the 'old boys brigade' and in their place we have a younger, fitter and more content squad of players and an enthusiastic, hungry and more adventurous man in the dugout. Robinson was far from my first choice to replace McGhee but he's gone about his business well so far and I like what I see and hear from him.

Long may the feel-good factor continue!

Thought young Campbell was the outstanding player on the park,also thought Hartley had a calming influence in the back line and will only get better as his fitness improves.Three games won in a row that more than likely last season we would have taken a maximum of 4 points from.Certainly enjoying the season so far and the team spirit we have on the park long may it continue

I am quite impressed by the start to the season, thought initially with al the new recuits it would take a bit longer to mould into a cohesive unit, so well done to the manager. The team's never say die and more physically approach to the game is so different from last year
    I like Robinson's comment about bringing players I who want to be here and the players response on and noticeably off the park by joining the Wel Society is really heartening.

The fans responded to the effort being put in on Saturday. We have a group of big - hearted triers who, on Saturday's evidence, would chase an empty crisp poke if it blew across Fir Park. Much more than that, some of our passages of play were great to watch, and there are guys who seem to be improving with each appearance. And the manager;yet again the changes he made were telling. If we can survive the January transfer with the squad intact there'll be every reason to be looking up the league, rather than fearfully over our shoulder at the teams below. As the manager said in his post - match interview on 'Sportsound' 'We won't win every game'. He's right, but it won't be because we haven't tried.
    PS - I also think that, should we suffer player losses in January, the manager has shown that he knows how to fill the gaps.

Can any of my fellow Firparkcorner posters put me out of my dilemma, I was at the game yesterday and IMO young Campbell was outstanding and my man of the match.Having read several newspapers with reports on our game his performance doesn't seem to warrant a mention and he failed to get in any of the papers I read team of the day. Did I watch a different game yesterday or was my opinion of Campbell's performance totally wrong would just like to know what my fellow "Well" fans think!

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Can any of my fellow Firparkcorner posters put me out of my dilemma, I was at the game yesterday and IMO young Campbell was outstanding and my man of the match.Having read several newspapers with reports on our game his performance doesn't seem to warrant a mention and he failed to get in any of the papers I read team of the day. Did I watch a different game yesterday or was my opinion of Campbell's performance totally wrong would just like to know what my fellow "Well" fans think!
    It says more about the newspapers than it does about young Campbell's perfomance. Their job is to sell copies not report the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    You're right. He was outstanding. I lost count of the number of times he broke up Kilmarnock possession in midfield. If he keeps this up he'll soon start to get noticed.

Firstly - for us to win 3 in a row is a fantastic start to this season. Should also have had a point against Sevco don't forget.
    Looks like we've got a robust and decent squad now with a few nuggets thrown in for good measure. Encouraged, but not deluded at the moment. Definitely a 'team' feeling on the park, and players are playing for their team mates, the Manager ... and the fans. All good stuff. I'll start getting carried away after we put Aberdeen out the Cup.
    As for the debate around young Campbell and his performances to date; I think his progression will be pretty rapid as he's got the look of a determined and ambitious young man. Robbo had a glint in his eye when asked about his performance on Saturday and certainly eluded to the fact that he merited his place. Lasley's gone, but perhaps re-incarnated in the young fella.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)