+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Thompson Loves United Like He Says He Does

If Thompson Loves United Like He Says He Does

Then McKinnon will have his jotters on Monday morning.

Get a real manager in and not the bargain basement dross we have endured for the past 2 years.

No money to sack and pay compo to a club for their gaffer.

It’ll be sack then a replacement not currently in work.

We couldn’t even temp St Mirren’s gaffer if we wanted to.

And whoever comes in will only get backed on a one in one out basis.

I wonder what he thought of that performance from the top tier of the ET stand? Hope he can see all the empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    No money to sack and pay compo to a club for their gaffer.

It’ll be sack then a replacement not currently in work.

We couldn’t even temp St Mirren’s gaffer if we wanted to.

And whoever comes in will only get backed on a one in one out basis.
    We dont need anyone in or out imo. We just need a manager who can get the best out of them.

ST is a disaster but he's backed Mackinnon this year.
    Whatever faults ST has and they're plenty he isn't responsible for Mackinnons inability to manage the players.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Whatever faults ST has and they're plenty he isn't responsible for Mackinnons inability to manage the players.
    Spanked money backing Sackie and Mixu too, but he's the joker who appointed all three

He did appoint all three but it's Mackinnons inability to manage that's the problem.

My criteria for backing a manager appears to be far different from yours. It looks to me like Ray had to identify players then go cap in hand to get them. Once he was into the luxury section, he had to ship players out prior to getting the likes of Fyvie in.

Backing the manager to me is, here is a great big war chest so go and get your luxury players! However, that in no way excuses what has come to pass since!

Difference of opinion Chick which is fine.
    For me I don't think it would matter who Mackinnon brought in he's not the manager we need.
    Another Cathro maybe?
    Full of theory but no man management skills.
    How much longer can we allow him on charge?

Difference of opinion Chick which is fine.
    For me I don't think it would matter who Mackinnon brought in he's not the manager we need.
    Another Cathro maybe?
    Full of theory but no man management skills.
    How much longer can we allow him on charge?
    Like many have said, on paper that squad would look good for the bottom half of the top flight so there is something missing.

And i think you may be right in comparison to Cathro. They have both done very well at youth level in the local area with some of what i believe to be some of Rays shining lights breaking into the team now. Ray then did well at Lochee, Brechin and Raith, but all of a sudden(ok for a while) looks out of his depth!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)