+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The bloke who wanted his ST money back...

The bloke who wanted his ST money back...

Wonder what he thinks to us being 3rd?!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Last I heard he had gone round to Big Al's for a coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    *Sings* 'You don't know what you're doing'.

To be fair I think the issues of the "bloke who wanted his ST money back" were not about our performance on the pitch, but stemmed from the decisions made by our chairman about the Checkatrade trophy where he asked for fan opinions on PL youth teams being in it and then voted against those opinions anyway. From what I remember that fan had been a ST holder for many years, most of which had been dire, so he's obviously a loyal magpie who took exception to something that happened off the pitch rather than on it. That's if we're talking about the same bloke?

Having said this, if we continue in this current vein then frankly AH can do what he wants on Twitter and I won't complain a jot. It's only when we enter a run of bad form that I fear it might bite him on the arse having that direct a channel open with our fanbase.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    To be fair I think the issues of the "bloke who wanted his ST money back" were not about our performance on the pitch, but stemmed from the decisions made by our chairman about the Checkatrade trophy where he asked for fan opinions on PL youth teams being in it and then voted against those opinions anyway. From what I remember that fan had been a ST holder for many years, most of which had been dire, so he's obviously a loyal magpie who took exception to something that happened off the pitch rather than on it. That's if we're talking about the same bloke?

Having said this, if we continue in this current vein then frankly AH can do what he wants on Twitter and I won't complain a jot. It's only when we enter a run of bad form that I fear it might bite him on the arse having that direct a channel open with our fanbase.

COYP
    The bloke said he was going to boycott Notts in the Checkatrade (and only the Checkatrade). It went along the lines that AH called those who did not support Notts in ALL competitions "not proper supporters", the bloke challenged AH citing his history of season tickets and asked if AH considered him not a proper supporter, AH retweeted someone else's comments "not proper supporter" in response. Some coffee and biscuits ensued but the issue was not resolved and at the last count the guy had NOT been refunded.

All a very unnecessary and unsavoury episode badly handled by AH in my view who seems to have denied any recollection of offering a refund.

Edit: ps the guy was still going to support Notts but only at away games.

The last two posts are correct, and it really didn't need a 'where are you now' type thread.

Hardy would do well not to retweet posts from sycophantic idiots, but he does seem to be learning (maybe the reduced crowds have reined in his behaviour). Take this on Twitter today.

Keith Hickling‏ @hooleydooleyboy
    Replying to @Bigalanh5

This will silence the doubting Thomas's, keep up the good work, COYP

But AH replies:

I hope we're winning them over. Just need the attendances to grow now and created an even better atmosphere

So he now seems to realise you don't attract customers by abusing them, unlike the idiot who tweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The last two posts are correct, and it really didn't need a 'where are you now' type thread.

Hardy would do well not to retweet posts from sycophantic idiots, but he does seem to be learning (maybe the reduced crowds have reined in his behaviour). Take this on Twitter today.

Keith Hickling‏ @hooleydooleyboy
    Replying to @Bigalanh5

This will silence the doubting Thomas's, keep up the good work, COYP

But AH replies:

I hope we're winning them over. Just need the attendances to grow now and created an even better atmosphere

So he now seems to realise you don't attract customers by abusing them, unlike the idiot who tweeted.
    Are you implying that there is a strong correlation between attendances and the owners twitter activity?

Nallocks to him. he should've kept the faith. His loss

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

COYP
    The gentleman in question on twitter seems to be part of a group that go around "outting frauds" what ever that means? They seem quite a toxic group to be honest and from the looks of it, probably don't attend many home games due to location anyway if their twitter Bios are to be believed

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    The gentleman in question on twitter seems to be part of a group that go around "outting frauds" what ever that means? They seem quite a toxic group to be honest and from the looks of it, probably don't attend many home games due to location anyway if their twitter Bios are to be believed
    I thought he said he'd had season tickets for the last 17 or so years. Doesn't matter too much whether he made all the home games, he's supported and financially too.

All AH had to say was "look forward to seeing you at league games", "thanks for your support", even "come up to the director's box as my guest next week".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast