+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hewitt

Hewitt

Have to say Nolan has done wonders with him, a shadow of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Have to say Nolan has done wonders with him, a shadow of his former self.

Doesn't that idiom mean he's got much worse????

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Doesn't that idiom mean he's got much worse????
    I know what I ment! 😂 Anyway better to avoid any confusion!

I doubt he will get many Man of the Match awards, but clearly he is doing exactly what Nolan wants from him, providing height, physicality and defensive awareness in midfield.

Isn't that 4 yellows for Hewitt? Does he get suspended after 5?

Yep I know most thought Jones was MoM today, but not me, I thought he was excellent. Equally as good at right back and rarely if ever gave the ball away. Interesting that someone in the match ratings made the comparison of Hewitt and Yates with Bishop and Ravenhill. Not up there yet, but I can see how they will become a right pain in the arse to play against.

What the f00k did he get booked for?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I doubt he will get many Man of the Match awards, but clearly he is doing exactly what Nolan wants from him, providing height, physicality and defensive awareness in midfield.
    Exactly as above!

Rarely going to be more than a 6 or 7 out of 10 but fits into Nolans system and style of play to perfection.

6 feet+, strong, covers the ground quick and can run all day. Add to the at a decent long throw and you can understand why Milsom has been unable to make the starting 11.

Very astute management from Nolan to turn Hewitt from a failing RB to a promising CM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep I know most thought Jones was MoM today, but not me, I thought he was excellent. Equally as good at right back and rarely if ever gave the ball away. Interesting that someone in the match ratings made the comparison of Hewitt and Yates with Bishop and Ravenhill. Not up there yet, but I can see how they will become a right pain in the arse to play against.

What the f00k did he get booked for?
    Not being a Labour member

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not being a Labour member
    Hahaha...stop it you naughty boy, I almost choked on my beer.

I think he got booked for kicking the ball away....."managing the game" as KN likes to call it....I'll check later once the full replay is out on iFollow

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep I know most thought Jones was MoM today, but not me, I thought he was excellent.
    He was my MOTM today, thought he played well throughout without doing anything spectacular. I'd have released him ahead of anyone at the end of last season - shows what I know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast