+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep I know most thought Jones was MoM today, but not me, I thought he was excellent. Equally as good at right back and rarely if ever gave the ball away. Interesting that someone in the match ratings made the comparison of Hewitt and Yates with Bishop and Ravenhill. Not up there yet, but I can see how they will become a right pain in the arse to play against.

What the f00k did he get booked for?
    Apparently kicking the ball away but it looked like their player shoved him over and he tripped on the ball. Granted, he probably aimed for the ball but why didn't their player get anything? Very poor ref today

I actually though Jorge Grant had a really good game too which is nice because usually we'd say that after he's scored but today I thought his involvement without scoring was excellent. I think you could have also made an argument for either of the centre backs to get MOTM too.

His booking was stupid for the ref and Hewitt to be fair, Elliott was asking for it by being a bit of a numpty and the ref gladly obliged. I think he outshone Yates today who seemed to very rarely be able to find another team mate with a pass but that's being a bit harsh as most of the time the "passes" were headers and tackles that he couldn't direct to a Notts player.

There were so many good performances today. I honestly think everyone was at a 7/10 level.
    Collin - commanded his box and positionally sound for the 2 opportunities Morecambe had.
    Hunt - oozed composure and a little nouse.
    Both centre halves were physical, won many headers. Distribution could have been better.
    Jones - really good performance has a really good partnership developing with..
    Hawkridge - a solid composed display, some neat touches . Thought he was more effective than..
    Grant - IMO had a quieter game by his own standards. Not a criticism.
    Both centre midfielders competed well, Muller for them looked a beast, but both Yates and Hewitt handled him and the midfield well.
    Stead had a difficult afternoon with zero protection from the referee, was literally being pulled from pillar to post, but still showed a little class.
    Ameobi was also a handful until replaced by Forte, who had an indifferent game. Frightened them with his pace but some poor passes/crosses when in good positions let him down. A nice 'scuffed' finish.
    All in all a decent enough performance. The team looked solid with good shape in defence, compounded by Morecambe retreating from the edge of our box all the way back to Roche, which got deserved applause.. The attack needs a bit of work, mainly in the decision making (shooting when a pass is on, **** final ball), but we are creating.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    There were so many good performances today. I honestly think everyone was at a 7/10 level.
    Collin - commanded his box and positionally sound for the 2 opportunities Morecambe had.
    Hunt - oozed composure and a little nouse.
    Both centre halves were physical, won many headers. Distribution could have been better.
    Jones - really good performance has a really good partnership developing with..
    Hawkridge - a solid composed display, some neat touches . Thought he was more effective than..
    Grant - IMO had a quieter game by his own standards. Not a criticism.
    Both centre midfielders competed well, Muller for them looked a beast, but both Yates and Hewitt handled him and the midfield well.
    Stead had a difficult afternoon with zero protection from the referee, was literally being pulled from pillar to post, but still showed a little class.
    Ameobi was also a handful until replaced by Forte, who had an indifferent game. Frightened them with his pace but some poor passes/crosses when in good positions let him down. A nice 'scuffed' finish.
    All in all a decent enough performance. The team looked solid with good shape in defence, compounded by Morecambe retreating from the edge of our box all the way back to Roche, which got deserved applause.. The attack needs a bit of work, mainly in the decision making (shooting when a pass is on, **** final ball), but we are creating.
    Nice summary - I agree with the comments on that bizarre Morecambe attack....they worked the ball to the edge of our box....15 passes later it was back with their keeper without Notts really putting them under pressure....weird

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nice summary - I agree with the comments on that bizarre Morecambe attack....they worked the ball to the edge of our box....15 passes later it was back with their keeper without Notts really putting them under pressure....weird
    Not that bizarre if you think about it. They had Adam Campbell and Garry Thompson in attack - would you want to pass it to them

Quote Originally Posted by Mcswegan View Post
    Not that bizarre if you think about it. They had Adam Campbell and Garry Thompson in attack - would you want to pass it to them
    Campbell was as expected-lightweight and anonymous.

Thompson was better, put himself about a bit but fluffed his 1 on 1 chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12