+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing to our strengths!

Playing to our strengths!

Don't know if its the same with anyone else but I'm getting a bit annoyed with the players always wanting to take a quick free kick when in the attacking third.... most of the time it gets either play rolled over to the opposition or we play back to the keeper it's silly.... we have a big 6ft + target man crying out for balls into the box , whip in a good delivery where we might get a scoring opportunity like the goals vs bristol and sheff utd . Even Saturday For the last corner moncur was crying for a short pass but we lumped it in and scored not rocket science :-(
    Last edited by Only1bfc; 16-04-2018 at 09:14 AM.

I'd like to see us play a proper front three. If we're to persist with 4-3-3. It needs to be Bradshaw, Moore and Mcburnie up front from the start.

Also midfield needs Hammill on the right, Gardner in the middle and Isgrove on the left. We need to go all out attack in the remaining games.

If we do get breached then Lindsay needs to step up. He's another Cranie for me. Looks good but no boll ocks.

Definitely we look dangerous when we attack and keep pressing ... and for me Jackson is the rock in that defence .... we concede every time he goes off

Decent short corner worked the other saturday when Moncur hit the bar against the blunts I thought .

If we start just lumping the ball in all the time its just too predictable for this level .

Got to move defenders about and try to create a situation where our men in the box can get a run and in front of defenders .

Our ability to do this is perhaps the issue rather than the choices we make .

I think that's the point we don't have the players to do this I wish we did but sadly not the case atm