+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: todays game

todays game

wow- that was brutal!!!

1st half- i normally don't make big brash statements but i honestly think that is the worst united performance ive seen. certainly from what i can remember. we've taken humpings by teams but this was being outplayed, outworked, outclassed by a part time team (no disrespect to them). they wanted it more than us. we looked asif we would just turn up and get the result (when will we learn?).

2nd half- slightly better. linked up better up front and looked more dangerous but still nowhere near the standard we should be looking at. passing was still too slow and not quick enough. we did quicken it up a few times and did cause problems when we did. it took a crossbar and a decent keatings free kick to save us from even more of an embarrassment.

ratings
    lewis
    didnt know what happened at the goal but didnt look totally convincing. (4)
    murdoch
    struggled throughout and distribution was poor by his normal standards. (4)
    quinn
    didnt look convincing at their goal but solid enough. (5)*
    Edge
    people might not rate him but he is simple but effective in this divison. typical performance (5) *
    robson
    caught out a few times. bombed forward alot in the 2nd but not convincing. (4)
    fyvie
    fraser "sideways" fyvie. he loves a square pass. when he does pass forward its normally decent but not enough. (5)*
    briels
    i like him he gets stuck in. (more than some people) distribution wasn't great but at least he looked like he cared. (5)*
    mcmullan
    hardly noticed in the 1st but looked dangerous in the 2nd when he got into his rhythm. (5)
    fraser
    the most frustrating united player ive ever seen. has his moments where he does well but then will look like he doesnt give a F. not his day needing dropped AGAIN when will he learn (4)*
    stanton
    looked like he didnt want to play well against his old team. (3)
    mcdonald
    looked better in 2nd when he had nkoyi up with him. could have scored in the 2nd. need to start playing to his strengths and 4231 doesnt do that (5)

keatings
    good to see him back hopefully see him properly now. took his goal well. (4)
    nkoyi
    clumsy but linked up well at times with mcdonald. could be useful (4)
    king
    didnt do much but showed more effort than some people who played longer in the game. (3)

* being generous

todays the first time where i have started to turn on ray. we looked amateurish throughout against a part time team. last season excuses could be made but this season with the squad hes built we should be doing much much much better. not good enough!.

its still earlier enough in the season to not be panicking but alarm bells are starting to ring. with falkirk next week we need to start showing more to prove to the fans and everyone else that we can play and win this league.

FTD

I think Robson, Edje, Briels and King were better today than you give them credit for. Cant remember Edje loosing out to their no16 at all and didnt get bullied by Nade when he came on.

King seems to be added to the list of players who people just dislike for the sake of it and should have been on from the start instead if Fraser! Saying that though, im not fully convinced, but will give him more of a chance.

i lowered most of the scoring mainly down to the overall performance of the team.

i do like edge and briels. they might not be great players but they get stuck in and are effective at what they do.

king flatters to deceive alot of the time.

Until the penny drops and he gets that 4-2-3-1 to **** you will be having a lot more reports similar to this

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    i lowered most of the scoring mainly down to the overall performance of the team.

i do like edge and briels. they might not be great players but they get stuck in and are effective at what they do.

king flatters to deceive alot of the time.
    King to his credit ran non stop when he came on, getting the ball down and running at the full back, mostly getting past him and throwing a ball across the box, keeping ball, link play with Nkoy and McDonald, did ok. We got none of that from Fraser or McMullan when they were on the park.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)